soundx98

The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

Hey sound thanks for bringing us this great program. Now I can't do with out it. shoot I think i tried out all the extras you offered us.lol but I end up just keeping the regular MBM5 and the screen saver.And since the time you helped me on the phone,and showed more than just to get it working. Like the little features what they are and what they do. I've able to do all kind of neat stuff with my MBM5. Just wanted to say thanks again. And still waiting on Nvidia GPU temps. Lol. I know you have your hands full enough with out having to deal with that.

PS: Keep up the good work Bud :D

Thanks much, Soundx98..... very nice. Got it working first time. One question though, and it may have aready been asked here.... not sure, way too many pages to look through, and I was up way tooooooo late this morn. Ok here it is, how do I get ATiTool to send the GPU temps to MBM5? In ATiTool it asks for the sensor, and as I looked through the MBM5 settings for the sensors I could not see one for the GPU. If you or someone else wouldn't mind, point me in the right direction, please =)

Thanks again.

from Post #63

Install ATITool and Open

Select settings at bottom right hand corner.

Select Temperature Monitoring from drop down list at top. Check off measure card temp, update every 5 secs, 2/3's down under Motherboard Monitor check off send GPU Temp to Sensor 5, check off send GPU Env to sensor 6.

May want to mess around with the fan controls as long as you are in there.

Then make sure MBM5 is configured under settings to read Temperature Sensor 5 and 6 as custom and you should be good to go.

Make sure you set ATITool to start with windows. Some hardware monitoring stuff as well (select IT8712F Generic 4 under settings). lots O stuff, fug with it as necessary or as time permits!

Thanks a bunch for your data file. I haven't used MBM since I got this board, and have always been a bit disappointed with other monitoring software. I always used MBM in the past on my P4 boards, but have been using SpeedFan lately. I despise Smart Guardian, mostly because it looks like a 3rd grader made it. I always liked being able to configure MBM to suit me, and now I can again. I had to make some adjustments for my board, but that's not unusual. Worked on XP x64 without a hitch. All in all, very nice work.

thanks for the kind words Marcus, Cylok, rise4310 and KrisMCool.

Glad it put a smile on those nerdy faces of yours :)

3- RMclock must still not work with it properly?

MBM5 doesn't "track" cpu speed. It grabs it at boot and it will not change with ClockGen or RM Clock. Right click on taskbar icon to update CPU speed. Best I can do.

4- is nv still unsupported?

Well NVidia GPU temps are supported by MBM5 of course. The problem is finding a program that will export them to MBM5 like ATITool does. So far I know of ZERO people that have been able to export 6600/6800 temps to MBM5. It's making me so crazy I am considering buying an NV card for my 2nd 64 build. I'll keep you posted.

5- i'l probably find an answer to this too, but how do i set it to speed up or down fans like ITE?

I've heard this can be done but I'll have to look into it. Fluctuations like that un-nerve me. I have set all my fans in the bios to start at 25 degrees. Just like it better that way.

thanks for all the great finds here! i am, however, having problems with the screensaver. i installed it and everything but the screen is black. how do i get it to show all my temps and stuff? i cant seem to find the answer in this thread. sorry if this has been asked/answered already.

edit: i figured out how to do it by clicking settings, but now i get an error that says

MBM Error

Run-time Error "6":

Overflow

this happens when im changing how it looks and sometimes when the screensaver actually comes on.

kinda sounds like maybe it didn't install correctly. I'd un-install and then check posts #91 through #98 again. If it's a no-go, PM me with a contact number and I'll try and call Sunday if it's kewl with ya.

i uninstalled it and reinstalled it, both mbm5 and the screen saver, but it still does the error thing. now it only does it while the screen saver is on, but not while im editing the info.

Does a file exist for this board? If so, please provide a link to download it and instructions for loading it.

Thanks

1st page, post #1

Replaced contents of MBM5 Data Folder with MBMDataFinal.rar as instructed. Reboot, MBM sensed new files. Tried to configure temp sensor for CPU. Sensor type pulldown reads ERROR. What did I do wrong?