The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

well a smartaz answer would be to go buy an ATI card :rolleyes:

but the fact of the matter is that I can't figure out how to port NV temps into MBM5.

right now it only reads ATI cards with a lil help from ATI Tool.

There are some older NV cards that it can see but not the newer stuff like 6600/6800 series. (And NO i don't intend to post the older models cause it is still hit or miss.)

Seems like everyday I get emails/PMs asking about the NV cards and "how to".

I never in my wildest dreams figured I would spend so much time on this. I'm not a computer guy, I'm a salesman by trade. car + home stereos, that kind of stuff. No formal training at ALL - none, zip, zilch, nada. I got into PCs about 3 years ago at 55.

So it's pretty much all trial and error with me. (And a LOT of trial and a LOT of error.)

Alex Van Kaam created a wonderful program that is customizeable and easy to use for just about anyone. But I'm certainly not even remotely close to his skill level. I've PMed and emailed people at dozens of forums soliciting help and looking for ideas. And the answers are always the same, they can't figure it out either. geez, if you look through the thread and see how I ramble about you' kmow what you are dealing with - a tinkerer, not a technician

Put I know that many are interested in monitoring their temps/voltages. Like 50% of the questions seem to deal with temp/voltage issues and people WANT to know what's going on with their system. Over 13,000 views of this thread alone WITHOUT a sticky. so people are interested as well as me. I just know their has to be a way to read the NV temps but I don't know if I can pull it off when others much smarter can't.

A friend has offered to bring a 6600 over this weekend. he's promised b4 and I hope he comes through this time. If I have any luck I'll let you guys know.

But at this time

THE CONFIG FILE I POSTED WILL NOT READ NV CARDS.

Wish me luck :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats pretty high yes. PWMIC area is (under) the three heatsinks right from cpu socket. They like a fan on them. Also some airflow in yr case will help you. lowering those temps.

Im not sure what else I can do. Its a super lanboy case so its tight. I got Big Typhoon Cooler. There is a 120 mm fan in front and back of case. Not really anywhere else to put fans.

My PWIC temp is 61C at idle and 74C under heavy load. My NF4 Chipset is 60C and 64C underload. Are these too high? By the way what is the PWIC?

way too high ! what voltages are you feeding your chipset/cpu ?

@bent98 - Just to make sure, you are using the latest version of the MBM5 Data file and these are the displayed results? Have you compared the temps using Everest, SmartGuardian, or SpeedFan 4.24? Those temps are certainly high even with a smaller case.

The components look top notch, how's the cable management? You may need to do the old "hang a fan with wire ties" trick.

OK back to MBM5 business.

Very nice mbm "graphic" logging program here. http://www.stefanlautenbach.de/mbmlog.html

very easy to use and the graphs are resizeable.

mbm_usag.gif

mbm_temp.gif

very nice add-on.

ATITool - I've posted in WizZard's beta forums regarding ATITool sending the Card's core and mem clock speeds to MBM5 as well. Perhaps card cooler fan speed as well. It would be awesome! This feature that "sends" the reading to a selected sensor in MBM5 is what is needed for the NV cards.

3 hours with a basic 6600 in the system and came up with nothing. I'm sorry NV guys but I need to have a brainstormfaht b4 I can go any farther.

Thanks for making this available to us. I couldn't get it set up right originally and then I found this thread and then I copied your config file over and everything works great! :nod:

You've got everything in there, fans, cpu, hard drives, voltages. And all very nicely laid out and it took no fiddling with the settings on my end at all. Thanks for the work you put in and saving me a lot of time and headache! :angel:

Protagonist my man, it is always so good to hear of someone that it all fell into place for without a hitch. at least That's what it is supposed to do :) I appeciate the PM as well, glad it's working for ya.

Crazy Carl

Thanks for making this available to us. I couldn't get it set up right originally and then I found this thread and then I copied your config file over and everything works great! :nod:

You've got everything in there, fans, cpu, hard drives, voltages. And all very nicely laid out and it took no fiddling with the settings on my end at all. Thanks for the work you put in and saving me a lot of time and headache! :angel:

What he said....

Is there any progress on working with Nvidia Graphics cards?