soundx98

The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

As far as I can tell I never installed the ATI tool this go round and It's all there but it will not read celsius, but will read in farenheight on gpu / gpu env. EDIT: Frozen at 32 in all photos, that cant be right time to install ATI tools. *(but didnt want it and Catalysty control panel in Toolbar at the same time(sigh.)

Add/remove prgrams of ATI proggies.

I used tips from this thread and set fans in BIOS to wide Open at 25 because my cpu 120 sensor was 48k 22k and displaying incorrectly....and I have it wide open now??? (better go figure that out.)

Anyway, here are some screenies.

TEMPS 2-3 seconds after 3dmark03 finished.

[detail score 3dmrk03

I only have the CPU and Nf4 fans pluged into the board, I am missing a exhaust sensor readout, but hey, I got the ones that matterd.

Temps seem ok ? (coments welcome) but a heat probe is an item I dont have. The good news is that it picks up the 12V rail correctly as ITE/SG was displaying it low.

EDIT sweet found my fix and just got temps displayed.

The Beta version of the tool picks up the card.

Mad props man, thanks a bazillion ! link goodness for those with same Vid card.

EDIT : error, its 3dmark 03 not 05 and link corr3cted after error pointed out.

Hi diddley dee, a pirate's life for me :)

well a zero would read 32 degrees F if you switched while it was reading centigrade to Farenheit. Maybe that was it.

Almost had to go change underwear as I thought that was a 3D05 screenshot initially. The GPU on the ATI X800 series cools off real fast. gets close to 70 centigrade with stock heatsink/fan. drops like a rock when you are done with tests.

Nice to see it all got sorted out and you are enjoying MBM5. The links in the 1st post should get you there as well.

Hi diddley dee, a pirate's life for me :)

well a zero would read 32 degrees F if you switched while it was reading centigrade to Farenheit. Maybe that was it.

Almost had to go change underwear as I thought that was a 3D05 screenshot initially. The GPU on the ATI X800 series cools off real fast. gets close to 70 centigrade with stock heatsink/fan. drops like a rock when you are done with tests.

Nice to see it all got sorted out and you are enjoying MBM5. The links in the 1st post should get you there as well.

Yarr, walked the plank and now this pc has dual Vid card temp monitors (and I kinda like it) I ended up with all the (2 or 3) ATI tools on the pc (ooops) and when I went to the beta version I was patching a build/folder that I patched a couple times already.

Currently all is copestetic (note temp variance in following images on GPU AND GPU ENV ) and I had an alarm on the Vid at 75 and I stopped the core overclock test at 421 or somewhere along those line. (panic mode memory fails me)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/InK...o/tempcore2.jpg

and

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/InK...to/tempcore.jpg

Wow, going to have to hide that one. Dont want to get crazy and cook the card.

I have lost correct display on the 120 CPU again. I have it set as Full on at 26 Full off at 25 in bios on all fans. Thought I had it fixed as it was just ON steady and now irts spinning up and powering down every few seconds.

EDIT : I have the masscool /939/fan/heatsink recommended from the "also bought" list on Tiger direct. It took some patching to find the right file to overwrite the correct one (and get the corrcet fan settings in bios I think I can repatch among the 4 or 5 revisions and find the one I need.

Again, thanks man, it was an is worth the effort.

The PC is stock and faster than anything I have ever seen. No need to break it and making sure I have the best stuff I can find or make to ensure just that.

*(Edit) yea I only had room for one rear Slot fan and it is on the underside of the Vid card and the heatpipes and a small section are all it cools. The top has a side fan from the case door aimed at it. But yea, it heats up fast and cools off nearly instantaneously.)

Blackbeard.jpg

RE edit : totally fixed this morning by setting stop and start to 25 in bios. I was at stop 25 start 26. Seems like a logical contradiction, but 120 fan speeds are fixed and CPU fan no longer cycles on/off so much.

Thanks for all the effort to get this working. Just found this thread and used the data file to get MBM working on my new system. Great work.

I have a DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI DR motherboard and a HIS X850XT GPU. Everything works fine with the downloaded Dat files, however, I get no reading on the GPU and GPU ENV tabs.

Can someone help me with this?

In the 1st Post but here ya go :)

EDIT 1: Updated 5-26-2005 - Latest ATITool Version 0.24 is here http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

Select settings at bottom right hand corner.

Select Temperature Monitoring from drop down list at top. Check off measure card temp, update every 5 secs, 2/3's down under Motherboard Monitor check off send GPU Temp to Sensor 5, check off send GPU Env to sensor 6.

May want to mess around with the fan controls as long as you are in there.

Then make sure MBM5 is configured under settings to read Temperature Sensor 5 and 6 as custom and you should be good to go.

Make sure you set ATITool to start with windows. Some hardware monitoring stuff as well (select IT8712F Generic 4 under settings). lots O stuff, fug with it as necessary or as time permits!

Finding this thread is like having christmas in june. I have always used MBM5 with all my other mobo's until my DFI NF4 for obvious reasons (MBM5 didnt support it :() but now it is alive again. thanks and good job.

could we sticky this?

I have used mbm in the past and luckily for me this thread had floated to the top that day and I saw it. So I worked with it and my limited undrstanding and came up with this.

IdleFinal.jpg

S. guardian was ok, but I wanted a tad more detail.

but we still need a solution for the nvidia temp prb

it will be very helpful gor many users including me

P.S sorry for bothering with this nvidia issue but i really need it and i envy ati owners