soundx98

The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

it worked fine for me except the vga ard it can't read its temp at all and i don't know why

i have a 6600 LEadtek and i enabled the temp reading in its bios and it is working fine now in nvidia console

but i can't setup it in mbm

and i just noticed a sensor named CPU fan 120 and it is reading the speed as 28xxx which is not true for sure

how can i fix that plz

I got the same problem, everything works great, but i got no temps included in my gpu.

p.s. thanks for the work dude, it looks awesome >:-)

Thanks drewski, link updated.

Geez Shinobi, a 25 degree celcius increase seems like a big difference. I could understand maybe 10 degrees but 25 seems too high. Keep us posted.

Yeah its weird. But as you've probably seen in the NFII thread it seems the Diode Temp readings vary greatly for a lot of ppl. I need a +25°C compensation added to mine, some others need less, some more, yet a few seem to get perfect readings.

I expected that everyone would get the same diode readings but they don't. Strange. I'd love to know why it seems to vary so much from board to board.

@SaFrOuT & MOnkeyyy -

Unfortunately the Data file I posted WILL NOT read nVidia card temps at this time.

(Course it won't read ATI temps unless you have ATITool installed and setup either :) )

120 CPU question? Of Course the Data File is set up for my rig and I have a 120mm SmartFan on my XP-120. But Changing the name-labels-values for it is really quite easy.

Right click on MBM in the taskbar and select "Dashboard and Settings". Now select the parameter you wish to label. In this case "Fans" and then select "Visual". Then simply change the name (from 120 CPU to whatever you want) and save by clicking on "Apply".

Hope this screenshot helps you.

FanLabelChange.JPG

I have set all my fans to run at Full Speed at 25 degrees in the bios on the Ultra-D. I'd also recommend a 3-pin with RPM sensor to Molex adaptor if you are using a large fan instead of plugging it directly into the motherboard. Here's a link for ya.

http://www.jab-tech.com/catalog/3pin_to_4p...ort_p_1510.html

great job soundx98! you've made an already excellent program better by getting it to work with the DFI mobos. and its even better for me cos i jus got a L.I.S Blue Eye VFD display and it displays MBM5 readings like a charm :shake:

RiZZo you studmeister you :)

No pics to share of the rig and L.I.S. ? :nod:

Sure wish some more folks would post screenshots of their dashboards (hint, hint) so maybe we could get a handle on the Chipset temp dealy thingamabober with the NF2.

Anyone have any idea on how much their chipset temps go up when using an Arctic Silencer on the NF4? I know the GPU/GPU ENV temps go down.

@SaFrOuT & MOnkeyyy -

Unfortunately the Data file I posted WILL NOT read nVidia card temps at this time.

(Course it won't read ATI temps unless you have ATITool installed and setup either :) )

120 CPU question? Of Course the Data File is set up for my rig and I have a 120mm SmartFan on my XP-120. But Changing the name-labels-values for it is really quite easy.

the problem is not the label the problem is the reading fo r the speed of the fan it reads very crazy numbers like it reachs 67000 RPM

anyway thanks a lot for ur help and i'll be waiting for an update for the nvidia temp plz

I would have to agree that 67,000 RPM is a little high. :nod:

What type of fan is it?

Does it have a WORKING RPM sensor (yellow wire)?

What is the turn on temp set to in bios for it?

Sounds like it may be turning ON and OFF depending on where temp is set and causing false readings.

I would have to agree that 67,000 RPM is a little high. :nod:

What type of fan is it?

Does it have a WORKING RPM sensor (yellow wire)?

What is the turn on temp set to in bios for it?

Sounds like it may be turning ON and OFF depending on where temp is set and causing false readings.

it is the stock fan and H/S

but tom i'll get the Tower112 tt and i won't suffer from this problem anymore so don't bother urself

i really want a solution for the nvidia :)

RiZZo you studmeister you :)

No pics to share of the rig and L.I.S. ? :nod:

Sure wish some more folks would post screenshots of their dashboards (hint, hint) so maybe we could get a handle on the Chipset temp dealy thingamabober with the NF2.

Anyone have any idea on how much their chipset temps go up when using an Arctic Silencer on the NF4? I know the GPU/GPU ENV temps go down.

i have an arctic silencer on the way so i'll post before and after comparo.

the problem is not the label the problem is the reading fo r the speed of the fan it reads very crazy numbers like it reachs 67000 RPM

anyway thanks a lot for ur help and i'll be waiting for an update for the nvidia temp plz

if you read through the thread, i had a similar issue with my CPU fan. i think the max i saw was only 30,000 though! ;)

i changed fan settings in bios to run full speed @ 25c and now it's steady @ 2,900 RPM. seems like the fluctuation in RPM throws things off.

maybe when the mobo changes the fan voltage it may also do something funky with the rpm sensor lead on the fan header?