The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

sorry to get here so late.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

I've spoken with both Praz and FreeCableGuy and neither of them has been able to get MBM5 working on DFI C2D motherboards.

Just got a LanParty LT P35 T2R and intend to do some investigating myself.

I'd recommend that you "pop" for Everest as it's a great program and worth every penny.

But believe me, I know how you feel.

Missing MBM5 already on this new rig.

That dang little "dashboard" was just the right size for me.

Could press Cntrl + Alt + "M" and the OSD pops right up. sweet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I've been skimming/searching this thread lots and lots of great info. Also I wanted to say that the 1st post has many great links and should be stickied elsewhere because of this. GREAT WORK soundx98!!!

Thanks for the OSD tip, wasn't aware of that(like I said I've been skiming)

Anyway I've been looking for more info on MBM2G15. I used the 1st version and now the 2nd version. I'm no programmer but found some things on the G15 forum and changed a couple things, overall its a great feature.

I was just wondering if anyone has any newer different .ini files for any version besides the ones allready posted?

I'll post mine up for version2(well I didn't create it just copied from G15 forums and modified). Its a .txt file so you have to make it a .ini file, basically just copy and paste it into the .ini file

here is the link to all the MBM2G15 versions(I,II,III)

http://home.arcor.de/magicradio/g15/

You don’t actually need to *program* the OSD for MBM2G15II. There is a GUI (more or less half-GUI half-code) that is available to help you compile information for the G15’s LCD. Here is a simple walk-through to help you out.

This tutorial is compiled using the Logitech G-series Keyboard Profiler v2.02.101.

-Open up your G-Series Keyboard Profiler from the task bar by double clicking on it.

-On the Settings menu, open up the GamePanel Manager.

-Go down to the tab labeled ‘Programs’ and single-click on MBM2G15 II.

-Click on the 'Configure' button that appears below the item box.

-You should see this screen:

MBM2G15IIGUI.jpg

This is where you can build the layout for your G15 LCD.

The Left-Hand Side

-The list menu on the upper left houses each item displayed on your G15.

-Below that are three buttons: Load, Save and About. Load and Save are to import and save a G15 profile (yes, you can have more than one profile). The About button contains the programs version information, updates, and all of the tags you can use to display information on the LCD.

-Below the buttons is a real-time view of what your LCD looks like (if your too lazy to actually look down at it).

-Under the OSD of the LCD (acronyms galore!) are 4 buttons labeled 'B1' through 'B4'. These mimic the four buttons below the OSD.

-on the bottom if the left hand side is a text box that is labeled 'Update Time'. If you are using this for MBM, you can set it for the same update time as MBM. Note that if you have a clock displaying seconds on your OSD, you have to set this to 1000 ms or else your clock will not update each second.

The Right-Hand Side

-On the right is the juicy part of this program. Whenever you want to create something new for your OSD, simply type in the Name of what this item is going to resemble (for example 'Clock' or 'CPU temp' if you are creating a clock or want to display the temperature of your CPU, respectively). Click on 'Add' after typing in the name (you should make this a habit or else you will find yourself overwriting LCD items like I sometimes do).

-The X and Y text boxes are to position an item on the LCD. The coordinate you enter will match the top-left hand corner of the item. You should not need to mess with the X coordinate much (this will be explained later).

-The Width and Height text boxes adjust how large an item on the OSD can be. Any items running over the limit will not be shown. This is mainly used for pictures and graphs.

-The Visible text box designates on which 'tab' of the OSD the item will display on. Ranging from #1B to #4B for if the item should be displayed when on the corresponding screen, and #1b through #4b for if the item should be displayed only when holding the corresponding button down. A single item can be displayed on multiple tabs, simply write the tag for each button, without any separations. For example, #1B#2B#3b will show an item on tabs 1 and 2, and only on tab 3 when button 3 is depressed.

-The Type text box designates what type of item you wish to create. You will mainly be using the Text item and the Polyline item (only if you wish to create lines to separate your data on the LCD).

-Depending on what you have selected in the drop-down box for 'Type', the next text box will display one of the following: Content, Filename, Points, 2 Points, or 4 Points. I have explained the Text-type and polyline-type content boxes at the end of this tutorial.

-The final text-box is labeled "Format". You can put a 0, 1, or 2 in this text box. Its main purpose is to align items to the left (0) center (1) right (2) on the LCD. This helps for items that may not have a constant number of characters and might run off the OSD screen when aligned to the right.

-The button labeled Font will change the font type for text displayed on the LCD for that item only. You will need to modify each item on the LCD in order to change all fonts to a certain type.

-The ‘Add’ button will add a new item to the LCD. A new item can be added and does not require any information to be entered except the items name.

The ‘Apply’ button will save any changes you have made to an item. Note that changing the name of an item and hitting apply will not create a new item and save the changes, rather update the old item with the new name and new changes.

-The ‘Remove’ button will remove the selected item from the LCD.

-The ‘Do:’ button and its text-box are for entering python scripts that are to be executed on startup of MBM2G15II.

Here is the outcome of my text file (uploaded if you want to use or modify it go right ahead :))

LCD.jpg

Text-type Items Explained

Text-type items are simply that: text. To display text on the OSD, simply type the text in the 'Content' field and update the OSD by hitting 'Apply'.

In order to create an Motherboard Monitor 5 temperature gauge on the OSD, you must point the text box to a sensor in MBM5. To do this, simply type in a number sign (#), followed directly by the sensor number in MBM (sensor numbers start at 0, not 1. So the CPU sensor will be sensor 0), followed directly by a capital t for Celsius, or a lowercase t for Fahrenheit. You can also add the degree symbol if you wish (use ° for your degree symbol rather than alt-0186, it looks better). So for example, to display my GPU temperature, I would select the Text-type item, and in the Content box I would type the following: #24t°. This will read 125° on my LCD. You can also add regular text anywhere in the text-box and that will be displayed like normally (so “GPU: #24t°” will show as “GPU: 125°”).

Polyline-type Items Explained

The only thing the Polyline item does is draw lines based on coordinates you give it. The polyline does not join the first and last points together. In order to complete a shape, you must make the first and last coordinate in the item the same so that it starts and ends at the same pixel on your LCD. There is no limit as to how many points you can have on a single item, but you must have at least two.

In order to give MBM2G15 II your points, you must type them in the text box labeled 'Points'. You must separate each coordinate with a semicolon (;) as well as each ordered pair. This gets a little confusing, as you will simply have numbers followed by semicolons with no real way to separate each pair. For example, in order to draw the horizontal line separating the clock from the temperatures on page one of my LCD, I would type the following in the "points" text-box: 0;13;160;13. MBM2G15II would translate this into a line that goes from pixel (0,13) to pixel (160,13) on my OSD, creating the necessary line.

Just a few questions here for others to veiw and I'll pm you to chat. Yeah I just started messing with it yesterday and was modifing the .ini file(where I understood it). I didnt understand the programing gui, but will now thanks.

Is there a way to have the 4 screens change at an interval like the it does stock with the different, well apps?, for the lack of a better term. Also whats the other button next to the 4 buttons below the OSD for?(maybe this answers my question perhaps?)

Do you know how to program a bar graph type display like the stock CPU and MEM display?

I don't know if this has been asked (I searched through the forum but have

not found an answer).

Can MBM be set to show temperatures for both cores (I have an nf4 Ultra-D

and X2 3800+ on s939). Ib BIOS only one CPU temperature is shown, as well

as in MBM, but HWMonitor shows the CPU temperature as well as both core

temperatues so this should be no problem.

On the other hand, if I enable CPU usage monitoring, it is shown for both

cores separately:rolleyes:

I haven't come across anyone doing it, but have come across people saying that the sensor for the seprate core temps can be off, and is not fully supported on the 939 platform. I don't know a whole lot about it but have seen people reporting some wild temps with it, like 0c. I just use the mother board sensor and never had a prob, I just keep it less than 50c max

Oh sorry for the lack of information, the sensor you are refering to for the core temps is called DTS, I searched this thread and it had some info about how its not fully supported till the AM2 processors(but still not for mbm5). I would advise you to do a search of this thread for DTS, you will find a couple links to other forums talking about it. You may also want to search those forums and this forum and see what you can come up with. My core temps seem OK also, they are ~3deg C diffferent from each other and lower than MBM5 at idle, higher than MBM5 at load

CPU in MBM is measuring a diode and CoreTemp measures the DTS (digital thermal sensor).

Two very different measurements.

So NO Bladeslinger7x, the DFI NF4 version posted here can't read either core, much less both of them.

And thanks speedeuphoria for helpin' out!

Best advice I can give is to:

a) keep CPU temps under 50C in MBM5 and under 60C in Coretemp when using a 939.

B) never trust any monitoring software :D

Lot of variables, especially on these temp measurements.

Simply having two "monitoring" programs at once can jizz things up.

*Added a 1st Post/front page link to the "snugmeister's" post at #1917 cause it was really good.

A gold star will be sent to him later :)

Jebus, started this thread 3 years ago.

Better insert a very memorable quote right here:

Gibert:

I just wanted to say that I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.

I mean uh, all our lives we've been laughed at and made to feel inferior. And tonight, those bastards, they trashed our house.

Why? Cause we're smart? Cause we look different? Well, we're not.

I'm a nerd, and uh, I'm pretty proud of it.

Lewis:

Hi, Gilbert. I'm a nerd too.

I just found that out tonight.

We have news for the beautiful people.

There's a lot more of us then there are of you.

I know there's alumni here tonight.

When you went to Adams you might've been called a spazz, or a dork, or a geek.

Any of you that have ever felt stepped on, left out, picked on, put down, whether you think you're a nerd or not, why don't you just come down here and join us. Okay? Come on.

Gibert:

Just join us cos uh, no-one's gonna really be free until nerd persecution ends.

Let's go watch the Revenge of the Nerds' video one more time :D

(from the first link in the thread)

And here's the words, so everybody can sing along

Sung by Lamar Latrell, Tri-Lam:

Clap your hands everybody, and everybody clap your hands.

We're Lambda Lambda Lambda and Omega Mu. (clap, clap, clap)

We come here on stage tonight to do our show for you.

We got a rockin rhythm and a hi-tech sound that'll make you move your body down to the ground.

We got Poindexter on the violin, and Lewis and Gilbert will be joinin in.

We got Booger Presley on the mean guitar and a rap by little ol' me Lamar.

We got Takashi beating on his gong, the boys and the mu's are clapping along. (clap, clap, clap)

And just when you thought, ya seen it all, along comes a Lambda four foot tall.

So won't ya come on out here on the floor, so we can move our bodies, like never before.

Haha that song is great :P. Funny thing is that now-days, at my school, being nerdy is kinda cool (like knowing the password to the wireless network that the teachers use to get on in order to put in the grades lol).

Soundx, if you can PM me that gold star, I'll attach it to my DIY uniform and show it proudly :P. On a more serious note, I might modify that post to clarify some things and make the writing a little more professional so that it is easy reading rather than "I don't know what in the world that text-box does"

Edit: Updated tutorial post.

• 1 month later...
Just upgraded to a Asus P5N-E SLI board and like help getting MBM5

working on this system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a look at my last post which describes how i got it working with this motherboard.It's been a while since I last looked at it but IIRC it pretty much covers everything I did.

*Edit*

Even better have a look at Faheyd's post here which expands on the details from mine with what he did.