soundx98

The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

I think it's best to leave sticky's for the IMPORTANT STUFF.

Still think it's a shame that more people don't read the sticky's after all the hard work done in them. (Geez, have you ever gone through the hassle of taking pics of and then posting bios screen photos and explaining them? Pain in the arse for sure)

this is at best useful stuff, nerdy stuff, fun stuff.

Almost 6,000 views between NF4 and NF2 threads so people are finding it, and finding the MBM5 program useful without all the hassle of setting it up by themselves.

I was hoping (and still urging) that most people would post pics of their Dashboard. Combined with info in the sig of the user, it might give other users some info that would help tweak their rig.

And if you are using ClockGen or some other program that may change CPU speed readings you can right-click on MBM5 in taskbar and choose "Update CPU" (3rd one Up in Window, above "Close" and "pause")

So please - post some Dashboard Pics and modifications :)

I think soundx98 did a great job of shepherding

No talk'em Sheep, Sheep Lie :nod:

I think it's best to leave sticky's for the IMPORTANT STUFF.

Still think it's a shame that more people don't read the sticky's after all the hard work done in them. (Geez, have you ever gone through the hassle of posting bios screen photos and explaining them? Pain in the arse for sure)

this is at best useful stuff, nerdy stuff, fun stuff.

Almost 6,000 views between NF4 and NF2 threads so people are finding it, and finding the MBM5 program useful without all the hassle of setting it up by themselves.

I was hoping (and still urging) that most people would post pics of their Dashboard. Combined with info in the sig of the user, it might give other users some info that would help tweak their rig.

And if you are using ClockGen or some other program that may change CPU speed readings you can right-click on MBM5 in taskbar and choose "Update CPU" (3rd one Up in Window, above "Close" and "pause")

So please - post some Dashboard Pics and modifications :)

No talk'em Sheep, Sheep Lie :nod:

I am using RM CPU Clock Utility (at this time my Winchester 3200 is underclocked to 1000MHz) and MBM does not read CPU speed properly.(from 1600MH to 1700MHz although I have "updated CPU".)

can you use on the dashboard?

My Bad, yes that is the proper way and then paste into Paint, save as a jpeg, and then upload somewhere. Think a lot of folks use imageshack or uploadit.org.

@ Gentle Giant - sorry to hear you are having a prob with RM Clock. Are you saying it reads properly at 1000 and defaults but doesn't read from 1600 to 1700 accurately?

My Bad, yes that is the proper way and then paste into Paint, save as a jpeg, and then upload somewhere. Think a lot of folks use imageshack or uploadit.org.

@ Gentle Giant - sorry to hear you are having a prob with RM Clock. Are you saying it reads properly at 1000 and defaults but doesn't read from 1600 to 1700 accurately?

Sorry for misunderstanding.Once more: at this time my CPU is underclocked to 1000MHz but MBM misreads it and displays wrong figure (once 1597, once 1650, once 1680, once 1700 or so, but never right 1000MHz ) Shortly MBM is not able to read underclocked CPU speed properly and displays tripe. Default speed is read truly.

Gentle Giant -

Re: MBM5 can't read RM Clock correctly.

So this IS the IDENTICAL problem you posted about 45 days ago.

(Actually 53 days, 173 Replies, and 6,000 views ago)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...32&postcount=14

And we decided that, while the CPU speed could be easily updated in MBM5 for ClockGen and other programs, it did not seem to work for you with the RM Clock utility.

And that I did not have sufficient knowledge (or use the program) to offer a solution to you. So based on a 1 user test I will have to say that it will not read RM Clock "underclocked speeds" correctly, although it will read "defaults" properly

Excuse my English but are you busting my balls? :nod:

Do the voltages, temps, and fan speeds change? Or is it just clock speed that is incorrect? Does anything change? Are you saying that it reads 1600-1700 (instead of the correct 1000MHz) and then sort of goes haywire? the entire display or just the CPU speed? Are you looking for confirmation from others that there is an RMClock glitch? Is there a program that does read the changing CPU speed correctly?

It just seems like you are demeaning the usefulness of the program (which is kewl, don't get me wrong). But I am not sure what you are looking for. PLease feel free to PM or email me if you think I can help :)

Oh, and that's a real nice3 OC on your rig!

Gentle Giant -

Re: MBM5 can't read RM Clock correctly.

So this IS the IDENTICAL problem you posted about 45 days ago.

(Actually 53 days, 173 Replies, and 6,000 views ago)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...32&postcount=14

And we decided that, while the CPU speed could be easily updated in MBM5 for ClockGen and other programs, it did not seem to work for you with the RM Clock utility.

And that I did not have sufficient knowledge (or use the program) to offer a solution to you. So based on a 1 user test I will have to say that it will not read RM Clock "underclocked speeds" correctly, although it will read "defaults" properly

Excuse my English but are you busting my balls? :nod:

Do the voltages, temps, and fan speeds change? Or is it just clock speed that is incorrect? Does anything change? Are you saying that it reads 1600-1700 (instead of the correct 1000MHz) and then sort of goes haywire? the entire display or just the CPU speed? Are you looking for confirmation from others that there is an RMClock glitch? Is there a program that does read the changing CPU speed correctly?

It just seems like you are demeaning the usefulness of the program (which is kewl, don't get me wrong). But I am not sure what you are looking for. PLease feel free to PM or email me if you think I can help :)

Oh, and that's a real nice3 OC on your rig!

In whatever case I do not want to demean the usefulness of MBM. Shortly I have tried to implement your newest program setting and than I have detected that wrong CPU speed reading was still here. So excuse me I did not want to affront you. You have done great work concerning to MBM5.

No No double G - No offense given or received I promise you.

But I still don't fully understand what is happening when you run RMClock after posts and email. My apologies to you, I was looking for answers (and still am) to these questions:

P.S. From the Rightmark forums

It would be a nice feature, if RM CPU click shows all voltages, temperatures and fan speeds, too.
RMClock is designed to be as independant from hardware configuration as possible. Implementing features you propose would require handling almost every motherboard differently.

Seems for many RM Clock is still a program in Progress. Maybe they can sort it out on their forums

Gentle Giant was kind enough to detail the performance with RMClock in a PM.

I think it makes sense to share it with you. Just the underclock issue. :)

Hi, all other figures (I mean temps, fans and voltages) are read correctly, program reacts to all changes (of rotation speeds, voltages and temps) well. I've compared it to SpeedFand or Smart Guardian display. There is no other fault in MBM except that misreading of underclocked CPU speed. I think it could be a interincompatibility between MBM5 a RM CPU Clock Utility. Because if I underclock CPU in BIOS to 5x200MHz, MBM 5 reads it correctly (1000MHz). Don't agonize about it more.

Anyone know what temp sensor the Nvidia 6800GT use ??? I have the temps showing in my driver but cant figure out what sensor. Have searched for it.

thanx

From Everest for my eVGA 6600GT

GPU Sensor Type National LM82 (NV-I2C 4Ch)

It shows the GPU and GPU Ambient temps