Sign in to follow this  
Konoyaro

How do you connect the cables?

Im using DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D and im a bit confused about how I shall connect cables from my OCZ Powerstream 520W. Now here is how I would like to have the answers if there is anyone knowing and willing to give them of course:p

I dont use SLI at the moment

1. Which cable should I connect to the 4-pin slot close the cpu?

2. Which cable should I use to extend the 20-pin atx connector?

Pictures of the setup would help alot they are however no absolute must. Just if someone is able to it would be great:D

Your OCZ520 is a 24 pin connector! Do nit use the adaptor as it plugs right in.

Use one of the sleeved gray cables marked HDD/AGP to plug in board. use the other for HDDs or with the PCI-e connector. May sure you plug in the 4-Pin P4 next to the ATX connector.

DOn't stick the fans on the headers. connector elsewhere. use an RPM senor for the CPU fan and others. You can see some connections in gallery blow sig

The 20-pin connector should have the 24-pin extension already linked. If they aren't hanging together, the 4-pin extension will slide into the 20-pin's bracket.

The 4-pin slot close to the CPU should only accept one of the 4 lines (P4).

Unfortunately, I can't provide any pictures.

Thank you guys that cleared up some of it at least but Im still not sure about that 20-pin extension thing. Since I heard that the cable marked with an E is not to be used with atx systems.(Only with Intel systems?) That leaves me with just the 20-pin

connector and no more cables is this right?

well Im already there posting and I have got some answers but since im looking for how to connect the cables to the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D they have no specific answers im getting closer to understanding though. Thank you anyway.

There are no Intel-only connectors on that PSU. No worries; just combine the 20- and 4-pin connectors, and you're ready to go. The P4 connector attaches right next to the 24-pin connector. Also, connect the HDD and FDD lines.

searly 520s have a single 24 pin atx and they include a 24-pin ti 20 pin adaptor for backwards compatability. later models have a 24 pin connector that can seperate into a 20 and 4 to confuse this thread further. Is it a later model/recent purchase?

they have a thread on this exact thing in there forums, it is so detailed you cant mess it up, it even shows pics of how to put the thing together to make it a 24 pin

It is recent with black and blue connectors not the old white ones.

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5661 Read this it should explain my worries:P

They are telling you not to use the Black "E" connector in the 4 pin stand alone connector, you must attach this "E" cable to the 20 pin cable and use both. Than use the blue P4 connector in the standalone 4 pin

CPU slot, DO NOT USE P4+, the other Blue connector

if i were installing a forton bluestorm 500 i plug the 24pin directly into the 24pin plug on my psu.

Then do i still use the 4pin stand alone next to the chip?

this isnt on my sig below this is on a sli mb with a 3500+NC chip has a 6800ultra used the 6pin looks like it was made for the ultra card.