Holding Team Banana At Bay

Trakfast11

hey, been checking http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/tea...hp?TeamID=12772

and we are beginning to hold Team Banana at bay! earlier the takeover date was predicted to be June 9th, and then 12th (i believe)-> for a little while it was the 14th of June, and now it is the 19th!

checking the amount of points that Team Banana usually makes in a day, we are now producing slightly more than them. If we keep at this rate, it will show us producing more per week and we will be free from Banana takeover!

p.s: i just got my 1700+ in the mail today. planning on getting it up within the week. really nice to here that a couple others are going to be adding computers to the team.

plus, we will have even more help once William gets back from vacation and can get his computers back up and runnning. :D

Remember also that this is also only the first day that we have come out ahead of Team Banana production wise. Atleast this shows that we might be able to compete. can't really tell until we look at the next few days.

Edited by Trakfast11

Sweet.

I am hoping I can get some computers setup. I would do it with the laptop but it gets too hot. Hoping I can get a couple computers setup.

For folding, the computer doesn't need much RAM or hard drive space right? A 1.2GB drive (OS on it so I would say >400MB left) will work?

If so then all I need to do is buy a cheap case, mobo and RAM.

ya it doesn't need much hard drive space, but ram u wana make sure you have enough so that its not at max load....i alwasy shoot for a 50% ram free at idle when i build computers for people (keep in mind thats with windows XP wich is a memory hog somtimes)

yep.

ah, and i just picked up the memory that i was letting a friend borrow until his own memory could come in so he could test his memory with his asus board.

now time to swap processors and install the other ram. Should have another folding computer up tonight. :)

Update!: a 2400+ is now up for 24/7 folding!

• 4 weeks later...

The Banana ba$tard$ went past us this morning........

Lets go folks... no excuse not to fold..

set it up as a service and forget... when you start a game or something, it will go into the background automatically......

crap - im folding like mad now

and how do u set it us as a service

this link will tell you how. http://www.overclockers.com.au/folding/ser...nt2000xpnew.htm

it shows that this method can be used if your OS is WinNT, 2K or XP. i'm not sure if 98 or simular OS would have problems with seting up a service this way. i can't see why it wouldn't work for 98, but i have never tried setting up a service on a 98 computer. someone else might be able to tell you. if i have time later today/tonight i'll try installing FAH as a service on a 98 comp.