NF3 250GB Cold Boot Problem

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if your board was "tested" by DFI before they returned it "repaired" but they really should have just sent you a new board for all the hassle an RMA causes a customer.

did a clean install of the OS

Can't see how the OS can cause this kind of problem when it hasn't loaded yet!

AIC if you want, send the board, cpu, RAM to me and let me test it. We'll pay for shipping.

also, I might have asked you before, but have you tried without the CCFL light plugged in?

I have a 2800+, 3100+ Sempron, 3400+ cpu to try if yours shows signs of weakness (one never knows), I have OCZ Powerstream 420, Skyhawk 570w, Fortron 530w, etc. Ballistix 4000, and about 5GB of other types of RAM.

since the board was returned and exhibits the same problems, the only recommendation I can give you is send me the core parts of the machine and let me see if I can duplicate the problem. If so, I will have the board replaced and test the replacement, and ship back to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am happy to report by replacing my motherboard my problem has been 100 percent solved. It boots perfectly every time no matter how long it has been off. I am so happy I could overclock. HEEHEHEHEHEHEH. Anyways I want to say thank you to Angry, and the all people at DFI who have been great in helping me with my problem.

Guest Gravy

Yea, I am having this problem too. In my case, it will even happen during a warm boot every now and then. Oddly enough, it seems to happen less frequently if I change my cpu multiplier from stock of 10x to 9x and up the fsb. Does not completely eliminate the dreaded 'detecting array' pause but does seem to make it happen less frequently. I dunno.

Along the way, I have read the numerous threads on this topic and tried pretty much everything that was suggested. Also tried unplugging my cd drive and ran with three different hard drives - same result with all of them. Have also tried many combinations of memory, video cards and power supplies. I hate to RMA the board, but that appears to be my next step. Fortunately I am within the 30 day window at Newegg.

Just really hoping that a new board will not have the same problem.