Disabling System File Checker In Xp Pro

Mist

Ok b4 u go its in the guides i alredy tried. I downloaded the hex editor and go the file but the strings are different. I guess because it is a newer version of xp the strings have been modified. So my question is how can i now disable system file checker?

Disabling Windows File Protection

You may disable WFP by setting the value SFCDisable (REG_DWORD) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows NT\ CurrentVersion\ Winlogon. By default, SFCDisable is set to 0, which means WFP is active. Setting SFCDisable to 1 will disable WFP. Setting SFCDisable to 2 will disable WFP for the next system restart only (without a prompt to re-enable).

Important: You must have a kernel debugger attached to the system via null modem cable (for example:I386kd.exe or Windbg.exe) to use SFCDisable = 1 or SFCDisable = 2.

After WFP is disabled using the SFCDisable = 1 setting, the following message will appear after logon:

Warning! Windows File Protection is not active on this system. Would you like to enable Windows File Protection now? This will enable Windows File Protection until the next system restart. .

Clicking Yes will reactivate WFP until the next system restart. This message will appear at every successful logon until SFCDisable is set to 0.

have you tried this yet a little research goes a long way.

No i had done a little research but most of it is the way it is in the guide. There were a few others i tried but none worked in fact i dont know what they did.

:unsure::unsure: I tried but it bugged. It syas its off and i dont enable it but the files wont delete or they reappaer.

How is this general its about an os.

Edited by Mist

• 10 months later...