Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

This ram's incredible. :) I did 278HTT at 2.58 for 11 hours dual prime95 stable.

Now doing 289HTT 1:1 at 2.64v. This is where my Opteron craps out at 1.525v. :)

Still testing.

update: 1 prime instance failed after 5 hours, up to 2.66v :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Known.

They're used in the Team Xtreem PC4000 Cronus kits (unavailable in UK afaik). As good if not better than 5B-D; I've seen 3-2-3-6 at 300 MHz I believe (Onepagebook and his cascade OC was using them).

again, there are two issues that are to be dealt with with the TD1 chips:

1. if TD1s are stable at the moment (like the TDs) which is tested by the guys who have it.

2. if TD1s are stable over a period of time, which all TDs are not; mine died in 3 months.

if TD1s die over a period of time, whether they reach 300MHz or even more is absolutely of no use.

This sucks big time. Ballistix 2 x 1Gb died yet again. Destroyed my RAID and reset my BIOS.

Nothing was overclocked and hasn't been since the first set died.

Time to call the CrucialGuy again.

I got my TD1s up and running so far so good. They are doing 270HTT 3-3-3-8-1T at 2.8V. I will try to lower the voltage. They run far cooler then the previous junk.

BTW they run pretty well at lower voltage?

I got my TD1s up and running so far so good. They are doing 270HTT 3-3-3-8-1T at 2.8V. I will try to lower the voltage. They run far cooler then the previous junk.

BTW they run pretty well at lower voltage?

AFAIK, i read as low as 2.55v. so try from 2.5vdimm. you can read few posts above.

This sucks big time. Ballistix 2 x 1Gb died yet again. Destroyed my RAID and reset my BIOS.

Nothing was overclocked and hasn't been since the first set died.

Time to call the CrucialGuy again.

for the TD1s, you were always at 2.8v. i read as low as 2.5v. :confused:

So it's like this:

The memory was doing 289 1:1 at 2.66v 1T. It was dual prime95 stable for 11 hours at least. Memtest didn't produce any errors, and the system wasn't bluescreening.

However, when i started playing games, specifically cs:source, the game would freeze after a minute or so.

After a long day of troubleshooting, i foudn out that i couldn't run 1T with anything over 260HTT. Not sure if it's the RAM, the CPU, or the motherboard.

Looks to be the RAM though. I messed with all the timing possible, nothing helped, until i dropped down to 2T (orange slots by the way).

So now I am running at 289HTT 1:1 @ 2T - 2.64v :)

Everything stable, nothing crashes or bluescreenes, games work great. :)

Grrr guess who's back :rolleyes:

13hu.jpg

re

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/showfl...b=5&o=0&fpart=1

Only by chance i found out! i got the new dual core in booted up worked, set the fsb to 230 wouldnt boot

set it to 210 booted... i was not happy almost felt like cutting my own throat [mad] . I played 10mins

of oblivion and BSOD the bsod came out as " IRQ NOT LESS THAN EQUAL " . Straight away to me this

pointed to the memory!

Put the memory in the yellow slots booted it up set 230 and timing to weak from normal which has been

fine for MANY months and it booted up, set 250... again it booted up. Swapped the ram back into the orange

slots instant freeze up at bios screen wont boot to windows.

$"$" ballistix [mad]

Hey guys, think my TD1 Ballis*it is rotting again. It falls from 270FSB to 260 max now at exact specs. It is too unstable to run and out of the box now. I think I will RMA them again and sell them straightaway. The time spent to run and understand them has been too much and thats it. This weekend will be my final trial with them and a very personal letter to Crucial.