Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

Did you RMA them back to Crucial for replacements, or RMA'd them to where you bought them (newegg, or somewhere else?)? Mine have been RMA'd back to Newegg, sent the back yesterday... wondering if they are gonna low ball me on the refund like they did to a few others who posted here :mad:

crucial

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right, that's what i got today, i am just starting to etst them. :)

Right nwo doing 250HTT at a default voltage of 2.66 on the expert, but i will keep pushing them higher at the same voltage.

TD1 are based on micron -5 BF chips (new). if they are good or bad is not known yet.

i found that superPI was failing for 512K all the times, sometimes for 256K. this is at 2.8vdimm, 3 months old ballistix TD chips (currently in RMA to newegg). acegoober can you please try superPI too?

I see. I will try it out tonight. What do you guys recommend to test it? Superpi? memtest? What speeds should I test it at?

Being not very experienced in o/c memory, I do not know if my board is unstable with these RAM or is it that that it is workign fine but not suitable. Any guidlines or advice wil be great!

Thanks.

TD1 are based on micron -5 BF chips (new). if they are good or bad is not known yet.

Known.

They're used in the Team Xtreem PC4000 Cronus kits (unavailable in UK afaik). As good if not better than 5B-D; I've seen 3-2-3-6 at 300 MHz I believe (Onepagebook and his cascade OC was using them).

I see. I will try it out tonight. What do you guys recommend to test it? Superpi? memtest? What speeds should I test it at?

Being not very experienced in o/c memory, I do not know if my board is unstable with these RAM or is it that that it is workign fine but not suitable. Any guidlines or advice wil be great!

Thanks.

memtest to check if mem is bad.. prime95 to stress system.. doesnt matter what speed i think stability is the main issue with all of us

btw, why was this taken off the sticky list?

These sticks seem to not like the voltage as much as the older ones. I had to drop down from 2.66, to 2.55 right now, at 250HTT, 'cause after a few prime95 hours, i actually got an error. Testing right now with lower voltage.