Sign in to follow this  
jhbodle

Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

Any suggestions would help i'am thinking OCZ's but not sure which one's to get or is there something better i should try. Any Help would be cool :)

If you want OCZ the PC4000 Platinum edition EB 3-3-2-8 set seems to be the best for oc. I have the PC3200 Platinum edition EL 2-3-2-5 set, its bulletproof, but doesnt oc very well.

I have seen people with great results from GSkill and Corsair TwinX sticks, but I dont have any experience with those myself :angel:

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please kindly note that most items, unless otherwise posted, have a 30-day

refund, 1-year replacement warranty through Newegg. Since the item is still within its Newegg 1-year replacement warranty coverage, I

have created RMA # xxxxxxxxx for a Replacement for the memory.

It seems to me that you still get shafted, as you are just going to get replacement ballistix that will die like the rest. IMO they shouldn't be able to sell this memory anymore (they still sell the 1GB single sticks). I dunno the point of replacing ram with more defective ram.

My latest set just offically died in my eyes - my last voltage increment of 2.85V has now become unstable, and i refuse to run them at higher voltages. I plan to RMA them back to newegg, but I'm gonna do my best to refuse a replacement with ballistix ram - i'd rather have some $200 gskills then POS $300 ballistix w/o giving me back the difference in $.

but I'm gonna do my best to refuse a replacement with ballistix ram

Thats exactly what i plan on doing also. I'am gonna actually buy a New Pair today of something just not sure what yet.But i'am gonna try to get a Refund to My Newegg CC acct for them and if have to i'll try to Fight it. Cause i'am not gonna let them Replace Junk with More Junk plus the fact i bought them using my NewEgg Preffered Card and is actually a Chase Manhatten Visa. Hummm Visa i think they have rules for issues just like this.... but not sure so not trying to be too cocky......

so they will probably give you a refund

Yea i hope so cause i wanted Dual Channel Memory and not just 2 sticks of the same type but a matched pair.Hopefully they wont try to send Junk again or i'll just refuse the package and that will be that.

OCZ the PC4000 Platinum edition EB 3-3-2-8

Thanks gonna take a look ;)

the OCZ 4000EB 3-3-8-2 is fantastic stuff (it actually runs at 3-3-7-2 in ever Lanparty board I've put it in) and i can highly recommend it (and I only need 2.6v and never more than 2.7v to get some serious overclock out of it)

Thanks Guys gonna grab the OCZ 4000EB 3-3-8-2 and give those a try.... I'll deal with the RMA crap with NewEgg once i have the New Stuff in i'll let ya know how the battle goes...... ;)

:( my ballistix are coming in from tankguys :(

Does anyone know how their return policy is compared to the EGG?

Like if this . starts dying on me and I decide to send it back will they acept it or am i gonna get shafted?

OOOh and one more question,the ones i ordered are the z505 ones does anyone know if these r not prone to instant death?

Or should i try em and post results?

i_wheeldon are you still getting the stuttering issues?

Right, what i get still is i play BF2 on Ultra high, but this causes the hard drive to be loading and when it does it makes the graphics lag, So my Hard drive is to slow but ive ordered a WD Raptor off Ebay for £165 from US delivered so hopefully this will cut the bottleneck out and ill have a fresh install as well :)