Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

Welp,

I just ordered this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231021

I'm currently using my old 1g of G.Skill LE's until the new ram comes in.

If it wasn't for BF2, I'd just keep using this LE set because 2.5-3-3-7@275fsb is pretty nice!

same set I just got friday(for $8 more daym price drops).. hopefully yours overclocks well.. mines doesn't.. prolly just my usual bad luck though..

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are nice, I had them myself, fast I would say, but they seem to crap out at 3D with higher speeds than stock, but the lucky people can pull 270+ ;)

If you plan on using those around stock, definately get them, otherwise I'd get some UCCC, OCZ Gold or G.Skill HZ (my friend just got them, and they look damn nice, he has yet to test them :P)

Well after Newegg having my RAM for 3 weeks, I get an email saying that the RAM is out of stock or discontinued, the same as stated previously by others. Then they say they will replace it with an equivilant or refund me the depreciated value since I've had the memory for more than 30 days. And that comes out to $250 to which I paid $309.99. I don't care if I had the memory for more than 30 days, I deserve to get my money back. Just like the email I sent back, if you buy a microwave and it stops working, you get your money back, not the depreciated value. The memory was faulty not because of something I did, so I shouldn't have to pay for Crucial manufacturing faulty products. This looks to be a widespread problem and it seems to show since Crucial doesn't even have this RAM listed on their site. If Newegg continues to jerk me around, I will look into legal procedures. I've spent over $4K on them in less than 2 years, I shouldn't or anyone else for that matter, be treated like this.

Guys my ballistix died... They worked fine for 2-3 months (default 250 ) and then suddendly some restarts pop up. Now they work only with 2,8 V and over but have some million errors in memtest and ofcourse every 5 minutes surprize---> restart ... grrrr I send a mail to crucial hope they will replace them. By the way can anyone post detailed bios settings tha worked fine(in default timmings 250) . Detailed i mean with nothing in auto mode. I have a DFI DR... Thx :)

im new around here, but I frequent anandtech a lot

just found this thread and now im bummed, as I have replaced three motherboards , all with the same issue asrock, asus, now DFI (currently using)

SLI DR N4

and they are the same thing constant reboot, BSOD, bad memory test, and now bad bios in all threee arrrrgh

my batch code for my 2GB pair is

CL1115K.BJ

p/n 56278

anyone have errors with this batch number??

I emailed crucial already to see if they can help out,as I am way past (6 months) the return period

please tell me these have a lifetime warranty ??? :confused: :confused:

My new sticks is going in 295Mhz 3.3.3.8 2.83v

prime95 3dmark 03,05,06 and superPI works just great=)

U can se my batch in sign.

My first pair, that died on me, wouldn´t even run 280 3.4.4.10 i 3d.

i just hope this new pair don die on me

I suggest u guys tried other board. A few weeks ago my ram suddenly fail Super PI at 265mhz (before that no prob at all, 24/7 stable) but I still can play games or do heavy work at 265mhz. Then I tried it at my ram who is using DFI Ultra D, and super PI is ok until 290mhz with only tweaking the timing :D.. then i try again at my board and the problem solved. I dunno why hehe..