Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that a bit careless?

Nar, its my spam address, i dont use it at all for e-mail, theres 1000's of e-mails there already, im not that stupid lol ;)

Neil, Have you updated your bios, a bios update could mean all the difference. Abit's AV8 is HERE

Next what you can do is try the dimms in the opposite sockets. i.e switch them round. If that fails which i expect it wont boot at all, try dimm2+dimm4 instead of dimm1+dimm3 or vise versa. if you've got them in dimm1+dimm2 or dimm3+dimm4 you are running them single channel. I know this probly sounds stupid but im looking at every avenue for you.

If that all fails it could be your mobo, your running top line memory on a standard mobo which aint the best thing, invest in a DFI ;)

Yep i was using that bios that one was actually more unstable id love to buy a dfi

but my money was short, so i had to buy most of the stuff and my old man chipped in

with the cpu and board cause my old board died after 5 years of use.... Now i dont have alot of money went into the car, and my dad has got himself into 70 grand of debt out of his own

stupidity. Im not in debt but i cant go splashing out anymore :(

Nar, its my spam address, i dont use it at all for e-mail, theres 1000's of e-mails there already, im not that stupid lol

I don't think you're stupid at all, but sometimes we all do something a bit to hasty, don't we? I do. At least it's an hotmail address, so no poor server will crusch under the load.

I don't think you're stupid at all, but sometimes we all do something a bit to hasty, don't we? I do. At least it's an hotmail address, so no poor server will crusch under the load.

Yes mate, wasn't implying you were and we do so stupid things sometimes for sure. More often than not with me lol ;)

Yes, its only microsoft anyway lol :)