Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jhbodle

Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

Recommended Posts

I only wonder how many RMA'd sticks were actually defective. Situations like this tend to snowball and can really leave the mfg in a not so good situation once things really get rolling. Not saying there weren't a lot of defective sticks because I definitely had a bad kit, or at least one bad stick.

 

I really hope this set hold up now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i updated my bios from n4d623-2 to 704-2bta and got bluesceens, and eventually stopped going past bios!!!

 

THen i reset the bios, eventually got in windows and changed it back to n4d623-3!

 

Works fine again, infact, better than the -2 bios!!! Maybe worth noting!!! I really thought they'd gone again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran HCI memtest for 8 hrs or so - two instances with no problems. I thought that my Ballistix memory was sound. Then I installed a 14 day trial of Bibble Pro, and image editing program. With that program I can bsod the machine in less than a minute. ( simply use the "browse" function and go to directory of jpgs and then double click on individual jpgs - puts them in the "work queue" - it bsod's with less than 20 such jpgs ).

 

I haven't run prime recently for any length of time. It ran in the past overnight without problem.

 

Has anyone else tried this program by chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After about 3-4 hours using firefox, i've noticed a distinct slow down. Pages take ages load etc. I have 8MB broadband so thats not it. Very strange. And BF2 crashed on me today, But it was when i changed the setting with nHance to 16xAA and 16xAS. Lowered both them to 8x and it's ran like a dream since then so it may just be that. Little things ive noticed here and there but im currently messing with alot of things as i like to medle so it may be just down to me lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I changed my settings to 3 4 4 8 from 3 3 3 8 and the bsod from running Bibble pro disappeared. Switched it back and the bsods occurred immediately. I guess my memory won't run that tight at 3 3 3 8 @250. It is handy to get speedy feedback from bibble pro I guess.

 

My settings are currently:

Genie BIOS Settings:

 

FSB Bus Frequency - 250

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio - 4.0

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio - 10.0

PCI eXpress Frequency - 100Mhz

 

CPU VID StartUp Value - 1.500v

 

CPU VID Control - 1.425v

CPU VID Special Control - Above VID * 110%

LDT Voltage Control - 1.40v

Chip Set Voltage Control - 1.7v

DRAM Voltage Control - 2.70v

 

DRAM Configuration Settings:

 

DRAM Frequency Set - 200=RAM/FSB:10/10

Command Per Clock (CPC) - Auto

CAS Latency Control (Tcl) - 3

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) - 4 Bus Clocks

Min RAS# active time (Tras) - 8 Bus Clocks

Row precharge time (Trp) - 4 Bus Clocks

Row Cycle time (Trc) - 14 Bus Clocks

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc) - 16 Bus Clocks

Row to Row delay (Trrd) - 03 Bus Clocks

Write recovery time (Twr) - 03 Bus Clocks

Write to Read delay (Twtr) - 02 Bus Clocks

Read to Write delay (Trwt) - 03 Bus Clocks

Refresh Period (Tref) - 2592

Write CAS Latency (Twcl) - Auto

DRAM Bank Interleave - Enabled

 

DQS Skew Control - Auto

DQS Skew Value - 0

DRAM Drive Strength - Auto

DRAM Data Drive Strength - Auto

Max Async Latency - Auto

DRAM Response Time - Normal

Read Preamble Time - Auto

IdleCycle Limit - 016 Cycles

Dynamic Counter - Enable

R/W Queue Bypass - 16 x

Bypass Max - 07 x

32 Byte Granularity - Disable(4 Bursts)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not paranoid lol. Wrong word. Just weiry of little 'glitches' cause of such a huge amount of failures. I use trillian, that connects me to msn, yahoo, aol and icq at once without the BS of MSN. but im very rarely on it, i have no use for it as i know enough people already and i see them alot and when i want to talk to them i can call them when i want lol. my msn is i_wheeldon --at-- hotmail --dot-- com but its very rare im on there.

 

I got mine @ 285/3/4/4/8 and im happy with that untill i get my opty 175 next week and ill see if that makes any difference. I had 1GB G-Skill PC4400 before and i noticed that i struggled to get more than 280/285 out of them when others were getting 300, even upto 330. I think the memory controller on my winnie is holding me back alot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one yesterday as i said, Simalar batch as well!!!

 

i see your running weird timings???

 

232mhz 11/2/2/3

 

11 seems very loose and 2/2/3 is way tight.

 

Just put them on 250/3.0/4/8/4 in that order in the bios. THey should breeze that on 2.7V and be rock solid. as i say, mine are on 285/3.0/4/8/4 and seem very solid so far (5 days)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True Bud but they was running fine on that for a week, 6hrs of gaming a day

and no, 250 will NOT work ive tried these timings and lose timings no go!

 

285 is an instant freeze up before windows.

 

They was on 11 2 2 2.5 Btw :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...