Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

So you're running these new ballistix at 270 2-2-2-8? If so, holy cow!

Don't I wish. too tired and hit the wrong key. I edited the post that should be 270 3338 which I think is pretty awsome. 2.74vDimm

BTW These are going up for sale as I bought some mushy 2GB whilst I waited and selling those will be a big loss, so I'll have to part with these.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I forgot about the BIOS.

Is there a particular BIOS that plays best with these z503 Micron ICs for the Expert board???

I just think its odd that I can do 270 3338 at 2.74vDimm but can't get close to 280 at any voltage or timings. Doesn't seem right.

I'm just using 704-2BTA myself.. I tried back and forth between -1 and -2, but couldn't find any appreciable differences between the two.

This memory is looking great sofar.. .I'm memtesting @ 281 - 3-3-3-8 2.65v. I'm working out of slots 2 and 4, which perform significantly better than 1 and 3 on my DFI Lanparty Ultra-D.

Finally my rma kit just arrived. Its funny.. Now this kit works default 250 only with 2,5 Volt and its not very hot, normal temperature. The serial is the same. I hope this wont die... Someone try his kit at 2,5 volt and then post your experience here... :cool:

lol i just read this insanely long thread... took me 45 minutes..

apparently i got the last sticks from newegg because after i bought them they were taken off the site.

Batch Numbers: CL1115W.VW and CL1115N.2Z

mismatched i know.. running them underclocked @ ddr452 because my mobo cant change voltage or dividers. lol.

these are gonna be cooled with a 120mm fan once i figure out how to fit the huge piece of crap inside my case. lol i never realized how big 120mm fans were.

any guesses to how long these will last... and if they do die what i should get? heard the ocz eb stuff was good... anyone got a link for the pc4000 ones? saw some guy with them like 3 pages back but i didnt see a link... i did speed read thru this thread though.

well, they said they'd send the ocz. still havent got a tracking number but it's only been 3 days. no money has changed hands-just chips.

as for the new ballistix, i hear nobody has got them above 260 and even getting there is a chore. ocz tony said that the eb 4000 works well on his venus board right out of the box 270 htt.

bwana, are your ballistix OEM or retail? also what date did you get them from newegg?

mine are from newegg, ballistix 1Gx2 (DDR500), OEM, 12/2/2005.

btw, i called newegg for RMA and the rep told me to contact crucial even after i mentioned that i would buy OCZ from them. rep said sticks are OEM and 3 months now. if it were a month old OEM sticks then they would have RMA'ed. any suggestions? thanks.

Well just got this in the mail on my sticks so looks like i'am keeping my OCZ's and getting a credit. I purchased my Ballistics on 10/26/2005 and not sure why but seems depending on where you get them and how much you classy lady determines your out come.

Dear Customer,

We have received {item #20-146-578} sent back to us on RMA#XXXXXXXX , unfortunately we no longer carry this specific item or it has since been discontinued. We do not have an alternative item comparable in specs to the original item, therefore we will refund you for the full value of ($307.00). The refund will be credited back to the original form of payment used to purchase this item.

Also please note: Newegg does not offer any type of in-store credit, all refunds must be credited to the original card that was used to place the order or a check can be requested. If a check is requested it will be mailed to your current billing address we have on file. If you have moved or would like to update this, please provide me with the correct address.

If a check is desired please reply to this email with your request within 1 business day.

"If no response to this email has been received within 24 hours, the refund will go back to the original form of payment"

Please include all prior email correspondence in your reply so that we may better serve you and provide you with a more timely response.

Thank You

hippy 2981

I linked the tankguys webpage that showed the price of the crucial ($160 per stick) and I gave the newegg guy three choices-return my money, give mushkin extreme or ocz eb4000. He picked the ocz. i dont know oem or retail with my crucial-the box was brown but had a crucial sticker on it. there was no mention of oem or not. of course they probably checked my account and saw I am an oldtime newegg customer so maybe that helped-i remember newegg when they were born and signed up with them when their website was a pathetic copy of craigslist.

Finally my rma kit just arrived. Its funny.. Now this kit works default 250 only with 2,5 Volt and its not very hot, normal temperature. The serial is the same. I hope this wont die... Someone try his kit at 2,5 volt and then post your experience here... :cool:

mine doesnt even run at default.. but mayb thats cuz im at default voltage. even if i relax timings to max it wont run at 250mhz. my default voltage runs my sticks at 226 mhz...

off topic but the ocz eb stuff is sposed to be like godly rite? like the 3700ebs.. or is it the el stuff thats better? jand also if u rma something but forget to attach an item to it will u get deducted some cash? my raptor died.. since sata doesnt use jumpers i took it off and left it on my desk.. it got buried under some crap...

then i mailed it off and later when i clean up my desk i find the jumper... will they deduct 5 bucks or more for the freakn piece of plastic?

sorry to hijack the thread and go off topic...

Hi guys. I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to RMA my Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB in a couple of days. I just need to get some temporary replacement until Crucial sends my new memory back.

Do you think I can get away with Kingston value 2x512? I don't have many options here in Mexico.

Too bad for my Crucial. I had lots of expectations being a recognized brand. I hope that the RMA replacement come soon and won't fail again...

Alex