Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

Guest ElAguila

That sucks. Same thing happened with my replacements. Within 2 weeks the reboots started and the stability went downhill.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ran 3 volts through mine to get 3-3-8-3 to run stable in 3dmark05 with fsb 250. I saw A_G put 3.19v through them for 275fsb, so thought why not :).

Any 1 got an idea of the max voltage you should put through these, they seem to like all sorts of voltages.

THought id update you guys,

1115Z.1R's are still running 250 @ 3/3/3/8 @ 2.7V blazing. Had a BSOD the other day but think that was due to something else be quite honest. And been sweet after.

I can play BF2 on 1600x1200 on full detail except have put Dynamic lights on medium, not high, Real power eater that 1

Ill do some testing of what i can get out of them sometime this week too ;)

Its been mentioned the Ballistix 2gb dont have an issue with the expert, or should i say they run well on the expert, is that always or just with a lucky few.

I want to buy a motherboard and reading the recomendations its been said the expert is no better than the DR for overclocking and the DR has a more mature BIOS, Thing is, is it better to buy the expert just so i can use the ballistix or go for the DR and buy some different ram. Not bought anything yet except an opty 144.

RMA'd new set I got 2wks ago(1115Y.P8) died this morning. It lasted only two weeks.

Memtest gave me >100 errors before completing test 4. The other set, 1115T, is still running O.K., but I don't know how long they last.

These two sticks were cooled with 120x38 fan and running [email protected] 3-3-3-8. Now they messed up my windows that I have to repair some.

Requested RMA again anyway(third time), but I'm seriously considering move away from them.

Guest ElAguila
RMA'd new set I got 2wks ago(1115Y.P8) died this morning. It lasted only two weeks.

Memtest gave me >100 errors before completing test 4. The other set, 1115T, is still running O.K., but I don't know how long they last.

These two sticks were cooled with 120x38 fan and running [email protected] 3-3-3-8. Now they messed up my windows that I have to repair some.

Requested RMA again anyway(third time), but I'm seriously considering move away from them.

I am giving up on mine. As soon as this next rma replacement comes in they are getting sold without even trying them. I ordered these gskills:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231032

I will let you know how they do.

@mrtell

don't bother with these sticks, i wish i hadn't. my new sticks still wont run in 3d intencive games but my G.Skil eat games up and there only 512x2 sticks.

RMA time again. Im going to ebay these new ones when they arrive and get G.Skill or OCZ

I see you have an expert

I will take your advice and stay clear of them i think.

Not sure what to buy instead though, wanting good 2 gb overclocking ram

thank you

Guest ElAguila

Gskill ocz, or mushkin redline seem to be the choice of a lot of people. I wish that crucial had gotten the problem worked out with these ballistix because I see a lot of people with older memory that is doing great. When this memory works it works great. The problem is getting memory that stays working.