NF4 Ultra-D Step by Step New Build

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking through it again, there really shouldnt be too much variance according to the MB that you have, its a good practice to follow when doing an initial setup on ANY board. The only difference that i see right off the bat is that your expert board will only have 3 power connectors instead of 4 on the Ultra-D. Just have those 3 plugged in and start to follow the guide. You should be good to go.

SPOT on E_D...just the number of power inputs is the only difference...

RGone...:confused:

Looking through it again, there really shouldnt be too much variance according to the MB that you have, its a good practice to follow when doing an initial setup on ANY board. The only difference that i see right off the bat is that your expert board will only have 3 power connectors instead of 4 on the Ultra-D. Just have those 3 plugged in and start to follow the guide. You should be good to go.

WOW, I have built quite a few systems in my day and I must say that this is making me a bit SCARED to put my new system together, "DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR, Athlon 64 3700 San Diego core, 2 Geforce 6800gs cards, 2 Maxtor 250gb SATA HD's with 4 512mb OCZ Premier DDR 400 sticks. I had all of this on an MSI K8N SLI low end board and It went together without a hitch, ran fine without flashing BIOS which I have never done and am TERRAFFIED to do so. I want to use this Beautiful Work of Art from DFI but I dont want to mess this MB up.:confused:

• 1 month later...

well, my computer parts will be arriving in a few days hopefully, so I thought I should do some reading...

first dumb question is, is this guide applicable for my system (see sig) ? cuz the thread title mentions both Ultra D and SLI-DR...

well, my computer parts will be arriving in a few days hopefully, so I thought I should do some reading...

first dumb question is, is this guide applicable for my system (see sig) ? cuz the thread title mentions both Ultra D and SLI-DR...

LOL well it does sound like you answered your own question!!!!!If the title mentions SLI-DR and your mobo is a SLI-DR then wouldn't that say that the guide will cover your board? yes it does ;)

Logan