Tired of noisy chipset fan? DFI nF4 solution (modem warning!)

GXP345

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rev.2.0

Just made this monster :D

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4516292

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4516295

Man.....you are roxxxxxx a lot.... :eek2:

Insane job.....crazy........beatifull............

This cooler have heatpipe??? How you put gas on it???

Im very insterested to have one.....

CONGRATULATIONS..!!!

Man.....you are roxxxxxx a lot.... :eek2:

Insane job.....crazy........beatifull............

This cooler have heatpipe??? How you put gas on it???

Im very insterested to have one.....

CONGRATULATIONS..!!!

Thanx! :)

Sorry, having to much work making these coolers for sale! Build your own

[bIMG]http://forum.hardware.no/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4518665[/bIMG]

i was thinking of buying a zalman chipset cooler, and mod it to fit on my DFI board...

but after reading this thread, it doesnt seem like enough for really passive cooling

so now im thinking of buying some other / bigger heatsink (fe that alpha one?) and bend / brake some of its fins...

but im wondering, does such alpha heatsink have the right holes for gitting on the chipset? (if it doesnt, then how hard is it to make the right holes etc?)

or is it hard to mod it so its well stuck on the chipset?

can i use no matter which socket 370 cooler?

i was thinking of buying a zalman chipset cooler, and mod it to fit on my DFI board...

but after reading this thread, it doesnt seem like enough for really passive cooling

so now im thinking of buying some other / bigger heatsink (fe that alpha one?) and bend / brake some of its fins...

but im wondering, does such alpha heatsink have the right holes for gitting on the chipset? (if it doesnt, then how hard is it to make the right holes etc?)

or is it hard to mod it so its well stuck on the chipset?

can i use no matter which socket 370 cooler?

That Zalman is not safe at high HTT, have seen chipset temps over 60C w/that solution.

You could use almost any zink on the NB, but it takes som good planning. For the job you need a drill and/or saw/dremel. To fasten the cooler to the board i always use something like this:

[bIMG]http://www.clasohlson.no/images/products/N/hi/B/306832_B_2004-06-30_090826.jpg[/bIMG]

case airflow is good for your computer, dont know how you ppl are getting these temps , mine will never go above 40c or even to 40c. but i guess i have case airflow ;)

Yea me too.. right now.. I just took my ultra-D off an all day 3dmark loop and the chipset is sitting @ 36c.. To me thats becuase of good air flow in the case..

:nod:

That Zalman is not safe at high HTT, have seen chipset temps over 60C w/that solution.

You could use almost any zink on the NB, but it takes som good planning. For the job you need a drill and/or saw/dremel. To fasten the cooler to the board i always use something like this:

306832_B_2004-06-30_090826.jpg

do u mean this with a dremel?

Tbolt-dremel.JPG

cause i dont have that one or know anyone with it

a drill i can prolly borrow from my father...

a decent saw for copper/Alu will be a problem too i guess (or is that copper/alu pretty soft?) dunno sure if my father has a good one

so its just drillin the holes in the correct places and cuttin everything that is in the way?

and perhaps resmoothening the bottom again?

if any zink supposed to fith, do u have any hints for a good one that is nicely available in benelux for a cheap price? cause i tried lookin for that specific alpha and didnt really find it... i suppose i have to be carefull with the size (a zalman 7700cu will prolly require a bit too much cutting? :P)

is that why u took those old (smaller?) socket 370 sinks?

whats about the max size/weight u advice? (too heavy may brake my core?)