Tired of noisy chipset fan? DFI nF4 solution (modem warning!)

GXP345

that 46C (to 50C for me) is my current hot spot (PWMIC and cpu at about 42 C loaded). I'd like a heat sink like that which I could then direct a 60mm fan (or so at).

What's that chance of getting one of those" XLE" editions?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was inspired by these mods, so took my unused Alpha PAL 8045 that didn't fit my old motherboard and squezed it onto my chipset:

Went from 52 degrees idle and under load to about 43 degrees idle and 46 degrees under load in closed case with 26 degrees room temperature.

Sorry about the bad quality mobile phone pics:

SliDr_Chipset1.jpg

SliDr_Chipset2.jpg

SliDr_Chipset3.jpg

SliDr_Chipset4.jpg

Hey,guys.

I also have an oversized HIS EXCALIBUR 800xl. The chipset fan is to big (10 mm) by about 2mm in height. Can't seem to find a smaller hsf for it either. Will keep looking for onw though. I'll keep following this thread also...

Hey guys.

I have been looking all over the net trying to find some smaller heat sinks to work with on the chipset mod for the nf4. Here is a pic of one I found and it is 6mm in height and 28x28mm square...

The stock hsf is 10mm in height ////

the url is adpmods.com

Well this post has finally made me join this forum :) . That memory cooling is very interesting to me. Can I have more pictures / info? I'm wondering how you mounted it inside your case and what you made it out of (looks like some kind of metal L shaped bar that you can buy at home depot or something.

Well this post has finally made me join this forum :) . That memory cooling is very interesting to me. Can I have more pictures / info? I'm wondering how you mounted it inside your case and what you made it out of (looks like some kind of metal L shaped bar that you can buy at home depot or something.

I will post more pictures when the cooler is finished.

Yes, the design is built on L-shaped metal bars. Easy to build :)

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth...and pics. Easy mod with a dremel and a drill.

I actually did this mod before I saw that it was common :( how disapointing to discover that no, you are not infact unique. :dog:

temps on NB are about the same as stock.

My NB fan was the noisiest part in the PC (after the graphics card) and so had to go....now it's the hum of the hdd I hear....hmmm, that'll be next - suspension for him me thinks.

Coolermaster on the graphics card works well too btw.