Photo
- - - - -

Tired of noisy chipset fan? DFI nF4 solution (modem warning!)

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#13 Smoken Joe

Smoken Joe

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3879 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 06:22 AM

Nice but I like the stock one with a low speed fan fan on it. It would be good though if you did not have room.

#14 GXP345

GXP345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:06 AM

I`m in the process of making yet another cooler, this one will be based on a Alpha PEP66 socket-370 sink, and the cooling areal will be aprox. 15% bigger. Will post pix when finished.. :)

The new cooler will take up less space, deploy more heat and still let you use ANY vga-card in SLI-mode without interfearing with the sink

#15 reject

reject

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 04:18 AM

awesome :D

#16 Headd

Headd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 07:26 AM

What were your temps before and now?

And how much do you want to sell it for? :)

#17 GXP345

GXP345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:58 AM

This is a really bad mobile-phone picture of the new HeatSLinkâ„¢ v2.0 :P

Posted Image

The new improved cooler has at least 8,5times more surface than the original DFI-cooler. This is why i dont need a fan.

The fins on the improved cooler are bigger and closer to each other.. that`s why i expect better performance even tough the fotprint is a little bit smaller than on the original HeatSLinkâ„¢

#18 GXP345

GXP345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:13 AM

What were your temps before and now?

And how much do you want to sell it for? :)

Very hard to tell, i have never used the stock cooler, i hate fan`s.. so made the HeatSLinkâ„¢ the same day i got the board.

I get 44deg.C w/Prime95 running hard and w/o any case fans running:
- FSB 300MHz
- 1,6V chipset

The new cooler will come close to 40deg. if my calc is correct.

If I was to sell one, it would cost you 40$.. I have 2hours of labor making these "killah`s" + 15$ in parts..

The HeatSLinkâ„¢ would have to be shipped from Norway where they are made, shipping cost = unknown :confused:

#19 Headd

Headd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:36 AM

Wow, that new cooler you are working on it impressive. Please post temps if possible once installed.

I get 44deg.C w/Prime95 running hard and w/o any case fans running

Damn, I'm at 44 at idle.

#20 GXP345

GXP345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:30 AM

Wow, that new cooler you are working on it impressive. Please post temps if possible once installed.

Damn, I'm at 44 at idle.

Will do :) The HeatSLink v.2.0 also have a copper base, expecting temperature decrease of >2

I can get the Alpha PEP66 for 10$pr.unit on sale at a Norwegian webshop, but would I still charge 40$, think this price is too high for mass production.

#21 poohbear

poohbear

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:11 AM

Same here and I have mine pretty well locked up at 100% speed too.

Viper

No way, you guys need to get your ears checked. Mine was so loud from the day 1, I even did some comparisons with various fans. I don't remember exactly but it was way louder than my 80mm Zalman, Nexus, Papst fans. I could even hear it from the other side of the kitchen! Yes, my computer is next to the kitchen since I live in a 1-bedroom condo. I think it was not as loud as the stock AMD fan though. But was more high pitched. Then again what do you expect with a small fan running at 6000 rpm or whatever it is.

#22 ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:33 AM

No way, you guys need to get your ears checked. Mine was so loud from the day 1, I even did some comparisons with various fans. I don't remember exactly but it was way louder than my 80mm Zalman, Nexus, Papst fans. I could even hear it from the other side of the kitchen! Yes, my computer is next to the kitchen since I live in a 1-bedroom condo. I think it was not as loud as the stock AMD fan though. But was more high pitched. Then again what do you expect with a small fan running at 6000 rpm or whatever it is.

You have/had a bad fan or something was touching a blade.

Viper

#23 Tedy

Tedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:29 AM

omg 40$ for 1 cooler :P

#24 wakeup360

wakeup360

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:53 AM

What did you use to attach the HeatSLink to the motherboard? It doesn't look like you reused the white push-pins.