Tired of noisy chipset fan? DFI nF4 solution (modem warning!)

GXP345

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m in the process of making yet another cooler, this one will be based on a Alpha PEP66 socket-370 sink, and the cooling areal will be aprox. 15% bigger. Will post pix when finished.. :)

The new cooler will take up less space, deploy more heat and still let you use ANY vga-card in SLI-mode without interfearing with the sink

This is a really bad mobile-phone picture of the new HeatSLink™ v2.0 :P

dfi.jpg

The new improved cooler has at least 8,5times more surface than the original DFI-cooler. This is why i dont need a fan.

The fins on the improved cooler are bigger and closer to each other.. that`s why i expect better performance even tough the fotprint is a little bit smaller than on the original HeatSLink™

What were your temps before and now?

And how much do you want to sell it for? :)

Very hard to tell, i have never used the stock cooler, i hate fan`s.. so made the HeatSLink™ the same day i got the board.

I get 44deg.C w/Prime95 running hard and w/o any case fans running:

- FSB 300MHz

- 1,6V chipset

The new cooler will come close to 40deg. if my calc is correct.

If I was to sell one, it would cost you 40$.. I have 2hours of labor making these "killah`s" + 15$ in parts..

The HeatSLink™ would have to be shipped from Norway where they are made, shipping cost = unknown :confused:

Wow, that new cooler you are working on it impressive. Please post temps if possible once installed.

I get 44deg.C w/Prime95 running hard and w/o any case fans running

Damn, I'm at 44 at idle.

Wow, that new cooler you are working on it impressive. Please post temps if possible once installed.

Damn, I'm at 44 at idle.

Will do :) The HeatSLink v.2.0 also have a copper base, expecting temperature decrease of >2

I can get the Alpha PEP66 for 10$pr.unit on sale at a Norwegian webshop, but would I still charge 40$, think this price is too high for mass production.

Same here and I have mine pretty well locked up at 100% speed too.

Viper

No way, you guys need to get your ears checked. Mine was so loud from the day 1, I even did some comparisons with various fans. I don't remember exactly but it was way louder than my 80mm Zalman, Nexus, Papst fans. I could even hear it from the other side of the kitchen! Yes, my computer is next to the kitchen since I live in a 1-bedroom condo. I think it was not as loud as the stock AMD fan though. But was more high pitched. Then again what do you expect with a small fan running at 6000 rpm or whatever it is.

No way, you guys need to get your ears checked. Mine was so loud from the day 1, I even did some comparisons with various fans. I don't remember exactly but it was way louder than my 80mm Zalman, Nexus, Papst fans. I could even hear it from the other side of the kitchen! Yes, my computer is next to the kitchen since I live in a 1-bedroom condo. I think it was not as loud as the stock AMD fan though. But was more high pitched. Then again what do you expect with a small fan running at 6000 rpm or whatever it is.

You have/had a bad fan or something was touching a blade.

Viper