Tired of noisy chipset fan? DFI nF4 solution (modem warning!)

GXP345

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

original poster, how did you get/make/steal that? i have the same CPU fan what kind of temps do you get

i only ask because i tried to lap my heatsink and it didnt work out this time... i get like 28*C idle after i left it on overnight

Well it has been an interesting read - I have been keeping a watch on your works .. great stuff :D

Thanx :)

More pic`s and explanations to come as the project continues :nod: Hopefully finished by next week :angel:

couple of questions... first of all how do you cut the pins off so nicely? i have a feeling a dremel would cut it up pretty bad, and other than milling..yea...so any whoo any easy way to do that...also what's your reccomended way of mounting? screws with springs seems to do it pretty nicely...any other suggestions?

i have the heatsink reviewed here..pal 6035

http://www.overclockers.com/articles73/

as youy can see it has tons of pins, it should cool really well and be easy to cut(blades i would think would be harder...pins i might be able to snap off...) any other random suggestions..this is gonna be a nice add-on, as the stock one is quite loud in my system at 7000 rpm..... all other items are made to be silent, but the northbridge is killin me!:)

what r u using on the cpu ????

i don't remmeber i have seen this H/S as retail version ??

is it a selfmade or a modded one ?

Asetek Micro on the CPU.. This cooler is sick i`m tellin`ya

32C idle @ 1,4Volt and 1800MHz.. and that is w/o a fan blowing on it :nod: When running SuperPI 2M the highest temp was 39C (100% passive cooled)