Tired of noisy chipset fan? DFI nF4 solution (modem warning!)

GXP345

Just installed a 7900GT with NVSilencer 5.3 and got really nice temps on my chipset as the vga-cooler sucks air trought the chipsetcooler. 34 deg.C now @full load :nod:

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=70626

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=70627

BTW.. over 71 000hit`s on the tread :sweat:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I am just wondering how easy it actually is to cut up this heatsink? the heatpipe one?

i can get hold of the HSF for around £15, and will try to cut it myself, but what should i use to cut it with?

i have just looked at the latest picture, and if not mistaken, is the lower end of the hsf touching the audigy? this is not a major concern for me apart from when installing/removing it.

also, have you done anything to strengthen the other side, or is there no need for it? i am thinking of using a metal bar across the base of the hsf, running on two threaded bolts running up the holes to mount it, do you think itll work?

sorry for all the questions, but i have very limited options at the moment, and am either going to do this, or going to spend a lot of money of the jingting cooler, which is nice, but i dont think will cool as well as this setup.

and a final question is this - is there not already a thermaltake cooler that is essentially looking just like the cut up ac freezer 7? would it not be easier to just cut off the ends of that, as i think its for 120mm fans, and then mount?!

thanks in advance for any replies, this is one great thread, should be made a sticky on most forums that deal with dfi, least of all this one!

Hello!

I am just wondering how easy it actually is to cut up this heatsink? the heatpipe one?

It`s HARD.. but not impossible. I cut my freezer in a circle saw disigned to cut steel tubes and beams..

i can get hold of the HSF for around £15, and will try to cut it myself, but what should i use to cut it with? (see pic.)

metal_saw.jpg

i have just looked at the latest picture, and if not mistaken, is the lower end of the hsf touching the audigy? this is not a major concern for me apart from when installing/removing it.

The cooler has clearance form the x-fi, 3mm!

also, have you done anything to strengthen the other side, or is there no need for it? i am thinking of using a metal bar across the base of the hsf, running on two threaded bolts running up the holes to mount it, do you think itll work?

I have also thinked about this option, it would be a better solution, but it works pretty good without one.

sorry for all the questions, but i have very limited options at the moment, and am either going to do this, or going to spend a lot of money of the jingting cooler, which is nice, but i dont think will cool as well as this setup.

If you have the time and skillz, go for the freezer. I`m not so shure that the jingting will work so well if you remove the cooler!

and a final question is this - is there not already a thermaltake cooler that is essentially looking just like the cut up ac freezer 7? would it not be easier to just cut off the ends of that, as i think its for 120mm fans, and then mount?!

Dunno ;)

thanks in advance for any replies, this is one great thread, should be made a sticky on most forums that deal with dfi, least of all this one!

Hmm.. I don`t think the tread is popular enugh for a sticky, it only has 78 000hits and 253 replies ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...