Sign in to follow this  
GXP345

Tired of noisy chipset fan? DFI nF4 solution (modem warning!)

being in the UK I recommend coolercases.co.uk - outside the UK - am not sure - sorry. They have a delivery due in towards latter end of next week.

Cost has not been revealed to me (or anyone else) either yet but I wouldn't imaging anything more than the usual £40-£50. (still to be confirmed)

tah m8 - looks interesting - just a bit dubious about how much water restriction there would be. Will let ya'all know soon as me gets me mits on one.

i'd be thinking of trying one out myself had i not just swapped the dfi cooler for an evercool vc-rf :rolleyes:

the evercool is a LOT quieter than the supplied one :nod:

So i just installed the Zalman ZM-NB47J with some AS5 as well. in the same time i had to move my 7800GT down and have it run @ 8x. I also installed a V700Cu LED on the 7800GT.

So here are the new temps:

CPU - 31c (min RPM)

PWMIC - 36c

CHIPSET 40c

GPU - 36c (min RPM)

I expect the chipset and GPU to come down further when the AS5 breaks in.

But now my ssystem is dead silent.

2 OT questions though:

1. I've been looking at the SLI mod, can't i just drop a little bit of solder on the 2 pins, or wil lthat be too hot and damage transistors?

2. Does SLI work with different cards? (i.e. a 6800 + 7800 GT?

the Alphacool Chipset SLI block shown above is only £27.99 here in the UK - paul ships all over and is currently running out of stock bigtime - www.coolercases.co.uk

mine is due in the next couple of days - excellent - something to do over xmas instead of watching boring TV :) will let ya'll know how it goes once its fitted.

heres a waterblock with 1/2" fittings I can wholeheartedly recommend - gots mine on order :

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/details/wc_al...ol_dfi_chip.htm

works perfectly for SLI and 1/2" water cooling systems - just what i've been waiting for :)

That's a nice find and as luck would have it, FrozenCPU is supposed to start carrying some of the Alphacool line here in the US. I just hope it includes that little beaty, I've got to get my hands on one!

finally got the Alphacool NB-SLI block fitted - my god what a pain in the backside that was! - If your gunna get one of these babys just remember one thing - PFTE Tape rules! - First block i've had that leaked all over the place! lol, - after 3 complete system flushes managed to sort it - the barbs need extra attention to ensure leaking doesnt occur.

Only had the system up less than an hour and my NF4 Chipset is sat idling at 40!

hmmmm - maybe it's not making contact right - am not sure - will report back with some more findings later this week - too tired to try anything else just yet.....

oh PS - SILENCE AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!! - not bothered about its temps but noise wise - its defo worth it...... and will post some pics once its had time to settle and prove its not gunna leak.... :D