Tired of noisy chipset fan? DFI nF4 solution (modem warning!)

GXP345

Forget all about the much hyped Swiftech MCX159A... The HeatSLink™ XLE is here!! ;)

XLE = eXtremly Limited Edition

Yes It`s the "SLi ready", noisless(0db) and "+350HTT certified" HeatSLink™

The only downside is the limited production..as only two units exists and they both are built and owned by me.. :sweat:

It`s many times more powerful than the regular Zalman, and you can

use ANY vga-card in SLI-mode without it getting in the way of chipsetcooler..

You can also overclock the chipset very hard (+350MHz@1,7V) w/o the need of a fan blowing on it.

The cooler should manage to keep the chipset under 50deg.C in a normaly cooled case at this speed and voltage.

3505te.jpg

lite1.JPG

lite3.JPG

lite4.JPG

lite5.JPG

lite6.JPG

HPIM0363.JPG

More pics here:

http://forum.hardware.no/index.php?showtopic=378691&st=144

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just made this dream of a cooler from an old Alpha P3 Slot-1 heatsink..

You musta had a bad chipset fan. I have mine running at 100% speed and can't hear it outside

of a closed case...at I am WC'ed on the CPU.

Viper

With a standard miditower closed (only PSU fan on) i get aprox. 40degrees idle and 46degrees with Prime95 running fully for several hours.

ViperJohn:

Yes, the chipset cooler fan on DFI nF4 does not create a great deal of noise, but if i can drop a fan i`ll do it if possible, these chipset fan`s tend to wear out pretty quick, and after a while they tend to make some noise

hey, nice job, gxp! I've seen some others w/ something similar. what are your temps w/ this idle and load?

PS: Thanks for posting the pics!

With a standard miditower closed (only PSU fan on) i get aprox. 40degrees idle and 46degrees with Prime95 running fully for several hours.

ViperJohn:

Yes, the chipset cooler fan on DFI nF4 does not create a great deal of noise, but if i can drop a fan i`ll do it if possible, these chipset fan`s tend to wear out pretty quick, and after a while they tend to make some noise

Sleeve bearing fans yes but ball bearing fans have a MLBF in excess of 30,000 hours.

Viper

If you had the chance to remove a fan with out loosing performance would`t you do it? ;)

My system is running super quiet, the only case fan I use is the 120mm in the PSU.

The Zalman on the CPU is also very quiet only leaving me with the stock GPU fan, but this will soon be replaced with a passively cooled solution..

A total of two 120mm fan`s running at very low speed *nice*

Nice work regardless, what is the threaded fitting / mount on the back of your case? Did it come with that?

Sorry, but my english isn`t very good, could you plz explain the question in a different manner? Thanx

Edit:

I think I got it.. thats an air intake! It`s intended to use with a hose to the CPU cooler

ppl are goin crazy , first they want an active solution to cool the chipset , then they complain of the noise and make passive coolers. i dont know what your experiences are with that fan but the only fan i hear is the 120x38 @ max RPM on my Rad. : 0