The CM Stacker case and some mods !!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the pins are to connect an external switch so that you can restart the mobo, from the mobo. example: case doesnt have a reset button only on/off/force-shut-down.

Just like the flash bios rocker that THunDA used, but for reset, and maybe with a diff switch style and location.

Thunda's setup is custom made as the board only has a 3-pin clear CMOS jumper. I'm sure he can tell us how he did it ;)

and it would work for a reset rocker switch too (or button) I'm sure since they always end up connecting to the pins on the board

i didnt realize the Stacker didnt have a reset switch...

Angry. the stacker does have a reset switch.

Crono, here's a guide I found from another site for making a cmos switch: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ranrhoads84/cswitch.htm I looked for others but this was the only one I could still find online.

Yup, it does have a reset switch.. and that guide is exactly how I did it.. :)

But im using three seperate wires that I have sleeved with a 3pin fan connector to plug it onto the cmos jumpers..

fr33kin sweet. TY.

i didnt actually check to see if the stacker had a reset heh. i was just curious to see if it was possible. The stacker is pretty pricey and i might end up getting a cheaper case. *cry* ='(

hope i get that 3k, maybe i can afford a san diego. unF

i really wanna mod the hail outta my case heh. but it all depends on teh $$.

heh, i got another jumper related question. seems fitting to stick it here.

so the rocker switch will work for cmos clear, and reset. but will it work for the 'safe boot' jumper setting as well?

[edit] looks like it will after reviewing the jumper settings in the manual (pdf @ dfi.com) [/edit]

crono

ahem... would the switch setup something look like this?

default pos

|---* j1

---* j2

|--- j3

safe pos

|--- j1

/---* j2

|---* j3

[edit] have you ridden it around the room yet? [/edit]

That seems right.. The three posts for the cmos jumper get hooked up to the rocker switch just like they are on the mobo..

waterblocked the 6600GT's (i dont like the way the blocks fit on...no matter what, its either the block is too loose or the block is too tight and the cards warp)

plus i had to custom-cut the bolts (All-Threads) as there was no way to get both cards into the slots in SLI with standard size threaded bolts...

got the Stacker cut for the fillport today also, now just got to get my SLI-DR in there and everything all tubed up...but never done it without a resevoir so not sure exactly what I am doing lol