The CM Stacker case and some mods !!

I cut out just what the rad hole was and the little bit that was left with the little raised lip on it are at my screw holes and the rad fit perfect, the little lip left fit right up against it and hold the rad in place I really didnt need all those screw because of that but I put them in anyway.

Here is a good Picture of just the pump, Rad, CPU Block and Res in the bare case.

IMG_2043.JPG

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work man, you should toss those pics in THIS thread as OsamaBinAthlon+ i believe was hinting at, lol.

I really like the look of those cases. When i get a bit more cash, im totally gettin one of the black ones. Looks good!

ya the DD GPU block looks cool. This Zalman fan is keeping my temps around 32c - 45ish I'm a little worried about the tight bent it would be from my cpu outlet. maybe a couple of 90 degree fittings could keep my pipes straight.

I'm quite happy too with the Black Ice II rad... a triple would be better but I can't imagine where it could be mounted.

Also I'm thinking my Swiftech pump is adding heat to my coolant. Is that possible? cuz my lines seem a bit warm...even at start up!.

DC pumps don't usually add anywhere near the amount of heat that AC pumps do. Maybe it's just residual heat left in your case? As for the DD GPU block, the Koosha(?) has barbs that stick out of the top of the block when it's mounted on the card and in the case. A nice, easy tubing run with no serious bends. Otherwise, you could look into some CoolSleeves or something.

Interesting idea with the dual fill ports, using one for drainage. At first I saw that one, and wondered how you'd fill it! lol

Maybe I'm just too picky! I just want the coolest CPU possible.Are temps of 30-45c (dual prime) within reasonable levels?

I think I'll check out that Koosha- Is it Danger Den or it's own brand??

Ya, I didn't want to mess up this w/c system at all. It's a lot of hard thinking eh? I carefully planned out the cooling path first, on paper, then realized I had no way to drain the coolant if I wanted to change it.

I tried the Clearflex 60 tubing with PC Ice(good product) but quickly clouded my tubing so I changed everthing. This Nalgene is about as good(IMO) as Tygon soft and stays clear.

later dudes

Great looking setup. I had a watercooled 830 too, but realized it wasn't that suitable for internal watercooling setups. I sold it and got myself a V2000.

Just a few things:

Since your DD drain port is touching the water in the loop, it might actually corrode after a while. The anodizing will not stay there permanently.

Black Ice Xtreme radiators require tons of CFM to perform better than rads designed for silent usage. If you're looking for silence and want better/equal temps, I suggest looking into the Swiftech MCR series.

Tight bends are still better than elbows. Elbows kill head due to the abrupt direction change, which means you'll get a lower flowrate.

The MCP655 pump is known for a relatively high heatdump (compared to other pumps). If the tubing is warm before or at startup, it's probably something else causing it.