The CM Stacker case and some mods !!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes my chipset fan is a Evercool VC-RE was the best 8 bucks I spent. If you look at the fans on my rad they are a little overkill (3 120mm x 38mm Sanyo Denki) but I turn them down from 2500rpm to about 1900rpm and they are nice and Quiet to me. They blow across my Board and my chipset never goes above 35c. Its nice having cooled air sucked off the floor into your case.

Sorry to bump this again but it looks like it's fast becoming a stacker mod thread! The STC-T01-UW is a sweet case, enough room to dance around in, and extremely forgiving of n00b modders like me.

My rig looks very similar to firengine16's excellent work with a few small differences.

I turned the mobo rack upside down and back to front in a sort of pseudo-btx style to give me more room and clearance away from the PCI slots. This means my opening is on the right side as you look from the front of the stacker. Unfortunately, this means that when I put the CM clear panel on, the CM logo is upside down! Probably try to get round to making my own clear side panel from the stock side panel one day.

I needed the extra clearance because I wanted to run 6 Yate Loons (can never have too much overkill, right?) in push/pull config fanning my PA 120.3. Making room for it in the bottom of the case was a serious pita. The stacker is designed for use with a 2x120 rad setup ideally so I had to carve away at all that. I used a jigsaw for the rightmost blowhole but as you can see from the pic I'm such an amateur with it I quickly and wisely invested in a holesaw!

@firengine16: did you raise the stacker off the stock mesh with a shroud? Can't quite tell from the pics.

I also put 4 hdds in the 3 for 1 hdd module and yeah, it's hot in there. I have two aerocool 140's blowing in from the front of the case. Total of 12 fans (if you count the psu fan).

I attached the Laing D5 to the underside of the hdd module using some thru-bolts and have what must qualify as the shortest piece of tubing in a wc setup between the t-line and the pump!

I'm still not happy with the wiring. It's mainly the sata cables that are the problem - will have to work on it. What you see in front of the case in one of the pics is a water filter. It's recommended for the Storm because its mini jets get clogged easily.

DSCN1280.jpg

DSCN1307.jpg

DSCN1290.jpg

DSCN1304.jpg

DSCN1303.jpg