Have DFi Nf4 Ultra D, need your thoughts on video cards

Sparx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

Got the ATI X800XL.

Since I had an Nvidia 6600gt in the rig I did a complete Windows XPsp2 install.

I installed the 5.2 cat drivers and found the included Control Center is NOT compatable with the X800XL so I deleted them.

Another problem, which concerns me more, is that 3Dmarks2003 will not run since I installed the X800XL. I receive the "Must close" Windows XP error message box with the "Send Report " "Don't Send" buttons at the bottom.

So, I deleted the 5.2 cats and installed them again no change. I deleted the 5.2 cats installed the 5.1 cats with no change.

3Dmarks03 ran fine with the 6600gt card. I am at a loss.

I did run 3dMarks2001 complete, got 26,582; you guys were right better than the 6800gt!

In additon ATI's website suggests owners of X800XL cards use Control Center from the video card CD. You cannot install only the Control Center, the driver box will not uncheck. If you can help with that it would be appreciated as well.

sparx

Did you update the Direcpll.dll file for 3DM03??? It won't run on x800 or later cards until until

you do. You can get the updated file at FurtureMark.

Forget the CCC. Use the Cat 5.1 drivers and the Control Panel that goes with them.

Viper

No I didn't update 3d2003.

Control Center from 5.2 gave me errors when the system booted, I will give 5.1 a try tomorrow.

I have the rig running again (reverted to a ghost image) with the 6600gt Prime95 is crusing along fine.

I will do another fresh Win xp install tomorrow from scratch.

Do I need to download the entire 3DM2003 file or is there a patch?

Thanks very much.

sparx

ALso I am not getting emails to inform me of posts here, checked subcriptions here find nothing wrong. :confused:

Control Center from 5.2 gave me errors when the system booted, I will give 5.1 a try tomorrow.

I have the rig running again (reverted to a ghost image) with the 6600gt Prime95 is crusing along fine.

Thanks very much.

sparx

ALso I am not getting emails to inform me of posts here, checked subcriptions here find nothing wrong. :confused:

Take a look at the bottom of the email for the link to unsubscribe.

Thanks very much.

sparx

What build of 3DM03 are you using??? I not 3.6 then D/L the 3.6 update. I believe it has

the later version of Direcpll.dll in it.

You may have the dame issue with AquaMark. The fix is the same...a later version of Direcpll.dll.

Viper

Hi Everyone,

My first post in this forum, a lot of usefull information, hope I can contribute some.

I am in the process of putting together system as per sig. Been reviewing all the stickies and other information needed.

Issue:

Trying to install ATI X800XL in the PCIE1 x16 slot and noticed it dangerously leaning on the chipset fan. By the looks of it, it installs all the way in the slot making a firm conection. :confused:

Would there be any issue of using PCIE4 x16 slot? I know there is potential to lose 5-10% on the performance but who would want to do that. Anyone else with X800XL noticed this or is it just me.

As it is, I am hesitant to even attempt to power up the system. Appreciate any input and suggestions.

Cheers

Hi Everyone,

My first post in this forum, a lot of usefull information, hope I can contribute some.

I am in the process of putting together system as per sig. Been reviewing all the stickies and other information needed.

Issue:

Trying to install ATI X800XL in the PCIE1 x16 slot and noticed it dangerously leaning on the chipset fan. By the looks of it, it installs all the way in the slot making a firm conection. :confused:

Would there be any issue of using PCIE4 x16 slot? I know there is potential to lose 5-10% on the performance but who would want to do that. Anyone else with X800XL noticed this or is it just me.

As it is, I am hesitant to even attempt to power up the system. Appreciate any input and suggestions.

Cheers

Just go ahead and make sure the card is fully seated in the PCIe slot. The board may touch the top of the HSF for the chipset but you'll be OK.

Hi Everyone,

Issue:

Trying to install ATI X800XL in the PCIE1 x16 slot and noticed it dangerously leaning on the chipset fan. By the looks of it, it installs all the way in the slot making a firm conection.

Cheers

Am I in some kind of temporal loop here? How did I post my response to his question before his question was posted?

Man, don't do that to me. I thought something weird was happening.

Am I in some kind of temporal loop here? How did I post my response to his question before his question was posted?

Man, don't do that to me. I thought something weird was happening.

See it just happened again.