new bata bios for LP875-T stil lock multi :(

ed: you should be able to attach the NB-1C to the NB of the 875P-T as I have the aluminum version attached to the 925X and the 875P-T (I took it off the 875P-T to put it on the 925...but there shouldnt be a difference between the two Thermalright NB coolers...if there is, let me know as I dont have the copper version)

Hey AG do you have any pics?? I had it installed but there was soo much tension on the loops on the mobo that they were bending a little bit and I got worried. Plus it didn't seem like it wan on there very well and I was afraid it would lose contact.

Thanks for the pic Mike :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jeff, how ya been? Long time no see!

BigStan: Hey man! I've been busy with a new home thats under construction. For some silly reason it takes precedence over the computer hobby. :rolleyes: I noticed you have a few new goodies in your sig.

Lando95: Thanks for link. Think I'll give this one a shot and see what if any performance increase I see on my large SATA's.

Lando95: Thanks for link. Think I'll give this one a shot and see what if any performance increase I see on my large SATA's.

No problem. Would you mind testing out the 5:4 divider and see if the new bios makes any difference at all?

Update: I just flashed to this beta bios, and it actually made my 5:4 divider worse. Now I can only run the 5:4 at less than 240fsb. Before I was able to make it up to around 270fsb 5:4 with just about every other bios.

Lando95 ~ Can't you run 270fsb 1:1 wih those Geil PC4000?

Yup, sure can, but my cpu will not run that high at 1:1 unless I drop the multi. But then I am only running at like 3.9ghz or so. I really want to run around 300fsb 1:1, but I don't have any Gskill just laying around :D

My Geil will actually run 275fsb 1:1 at timings of 2.5,4,4,7.

So you can run 275 1:1. And until this BIOS you could run 270 5:4. But this BIOS dropped you to 240 5:4? I think that's what happened to me also. My BH-5 would run 240 1:1 and 230 5:4. Now, with this new beta BIOS, I can't get them stable at 200 5:4. But, I'm getting errors in Memtest # 1~4 and not in #5 or #7. Which usually means a CPU problem.

So you can run 275 1:1. And until this BIOS you could run 270 5:4. But this BIOS dropped you to 240 5:4?

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head. One weird thing I previously noticed was when I did some Sandra memory benchmarks. (with the previous bioses) I would do a benchie at 270 1:1 and get around 6200 mb/s or so. Then I would use the 5:4 divider, with all other settings the same, and would still get about 6200mb/s. WTF????

i dont have (nor will receive as far as I know) a 600 series P4...unless I buy one with my own money, and they are just too expensive for me at the moment (putting my gf through college and its tax time)

I would assume that the bios writers would put a disable EIST function in...but i dont like to assume much =/

as for the pic of my NB-1 NB cooler...I shipped off the 925X to CPU Killer @ Danger Den yesterday, but I will be putting the 915 UT together as soon as I clear out customer rigs...the NB-1 will fit easily on the 925X and 875P-T (which got a waterblock after i removed the NB-1).

I'll throw up some pics as soon as I get around to getting it built.

Wow well I'm not sure what happened. Well besides I have two sticks of Plat. Rev 2 that are dead. I updated the BIOS set the divder to 5:4 and changed the FSB to 265. I'm able to run that speed at 1:1 with a x14 multi no problem at all.

I save changes and restart and notta, woln't complete post. Dead as a door nail. Next obvious step is reset the bios but it's still dead. Change the memory to my old PC3200 OCZ Golds and boom everything works. Put the Plat 2 back in and some sort of BIOS checksum error on post.

Baffled as to what could of happened but to say the least I was not succesfull and don't think I'll try again.

No, don't do that again. If you are going to play with the 5:4 divider, boot directly into Memtest, v1.40 or 1.51. Check for errors in tests # 5,7. If you are getting errors in either of those two test you run the risk of corrupting your RAID array and your Win install. I know this from experience.

I don't know how to help you recover from your checksum error other then to suggest booting to the BIOS and try loading the defaults. Or moving the CMOS jumper and pulling the battery for a couple of hours.

No, don't do that again. If you are going to play with the 5:4 divider, boot directly into Memtest, v1.40 or 1.51. Check for errors in tests # 5,7. If you are getting errors in either of those two test you run the risk of corrupting yout RAID array and your Win install. I know this from experience.

I don't know how to help you recover from your checksum error other then to suggest booting to the BIOS and try loading the defaults. Or moving the CMOS jumper and pulling the battery for a couple of hours.

Yeah I've hosed the install before going to high on the FSB even without the memory divider.

What blows my mind is how did setting the memory to 5:4 cause a physical fault in the Plat Rev. 2? This memory has been working fine for months now and all of a sudden I install a new BIOS change the divider and it's faulty. Seems like one hell of a coencidence. But none the less the Rev. 2's woln't even pass POST now. I'm up and running on my old memory.