nF4 BIOS List (check non-critical sticky)

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a lot more stable after switching to the 2/17 bios. Anything above a 200FSB and I was crashing before. I'm at 10X230 (priming for the last hour and a half no errors, 41C load) I'll let it run through the night and bump it up tomorrow some if that goes well.

I am a lot more stable after switching to the 2/17 bios. Anything above a 200FSB and I was crashing before. I'm at 10X230 (priming for the last hour and a half no errors, 41C load) I'll let it run through the night and bump it up tomorrow some if that goes well.

wow you either got a horrible chip or mobo. i feel for ya. that sucks. im running 325fsb right now. could go more but havent tryed...

Lots of good burnin/benchmarking stuff Home of S&M - good for CPU burnin/checking

English Translation of OCCT homepage

OCCT is a really good benchmark (fast compared to prime and so far they seem to be in sync.

Hope these help

OCCT kicks butt !! Its hands down the best stabillty test....i dont even use prime anymore !

too bad the forum and most docs are in french...who in the world speaks french ? (Except the french of course)

Also..some website recently did extensive testing of SEVERAL "stability tester" tools...incl. superpi, prime, OCCT, cpuburn etc etc. and it showed that ONLY prime and OCCT were able to do the task right..the others progs are pretty much worthless for real stability testing and checking against fixed, known results.

OCCT came out #1 (AFAIK) since it was as sensible and reliable in testing as prime...and of course it has more features than prime.

how to disable the memtest86 during the PC boot up?

I tried my dfi nf4 ultra with default bios 25/2, when i tried to increase the FSB,, if more than 203MHz, then the pc will restart during booting ...

I am using SATA drive on SATA port 1 ? is it the bios problem? what should I do ?

Thx

hit "del" key on keyboard (this is the long thing with the tiny knobs)....enter the BIOS...and disable memtest ?????

flexy,

Does OCCT expose problems faster than Prime95? I've had prime failures at 21h, long after most folks would have given up. It's a pain to wait 24h after making a change.

(I realize that even 24h is no guarantee of absolute stability.)

flexy,

Does OCCT expose problems faster than Prime95? I've had prime failures at 21h, long after most folks would have given up. It's a pain to wait 24h after making a change.

(I realize that even 24h is no guarantee of absolute stability.)

heh i say 6hours is plenty, as long as superpi 32m will run and your games run fine :)

superpi can sometimes detect stuff that doesnt even matter in terms of stability

I am having the USB problem, meaning computer won't boot with like a usb printer plugged in. How do I check which bios i have? I looked in cpu-z, i have version 1.27, couldn't find it, it just had like Phoenix blah blah. I'd like to check what bios I have before updating to the 2/17.

I am having the USB problem, meaning computer won't boot with like a usb printer plugged in. How do I check which bios i have? I looked in cpu-z, i have version 1.27, couldn't find it, it just had like Phoenix blah blah. I'd like to check what bios I have before updating to the 2/17.

with Winflash.

or in Bios.

or when your computer boots (if your monitor switches on fast enough)

cya