Infinity: no post, long beeps

blaze

Hello!

I have a problem (obviously as I’m posting here ;) ). I had a nice overclock (see sig) and then decided to flash to Hellfire’s turbo bios. I used to have turbo bios but flashed back to 8ka because I thought it was causing instability. As it turned out changing to “Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC” helped, so I wanted to try the new bios again. But after I flashed, pulled out the battery, moved the jumper to clear and waited half an hour, the comp wouldn’t post. It would beep (long beeps) continuously. So after trying everything I could think of I left it on clear over night. And it helped! In the morning it started right up. Because I thought I had a bad flash (same bios worked before) I re flashed to the same bios (N24ID619-TT.BIN). And guess what same thing happened. Long beeps. Then I thought maybe I should flash back to 8ka bios. When I could post (after a looong clear) I flashed back to 8ka bios. Guess what happened then? Long beeps. Now I know there is something wrong. So now I didn’t dare to flash again. But later I had to turn of the computer and pull the power cord. And when I tried to turn it on it wouldn’t. But you know what it would do? You guessed it. BEEP. I spent all day trying to get it working again. I finally did at one o’clock in the morning. So now I’m afraid to turn of my computer. Help?

B

Thank you for your reply!

I do have the same mod, but I didn’t suspect it because I have had it for a month or two and it never did that. And I did change bioses in that time. Did you solve the problem? The thing is that everything is fine as long as the computer is on. But I have a lan party coming up this weekend and I will have to turn it of then. So I would like to solve the problem by then.

B

I had to turn of my computer today and can't get it started. It just beeps. I'm getting realy desperated. I'm in serious need of advice. Any advice. So far i have tried:

1. clearing cmos for 4 hours without battery

2. clearing cmos with battery

3. rubbing of the grafite

4. changed the battery (for a diferent one)

5. holding insert

None of this helped. Computer beeps and won't post.

B

I finaly managed to get it running today. But now I can't turn it of. And I would like to on friday. Can you at least recommend some other place to ask? DFI them selves? The board is fairly new so I could rma it. But I have a lan party on Friday that I have been looking forward to for a long time. And if I rma the board I wouldn’t get it back for a long time. And another problem is that this board can’t be bought in my country any more. So I’m afraid that I wouldn’t get a new one. And lastly I DON’T want another board. I like this one.

B