Newcastle week 0449, lot's a fun!!

AMD Fanatic

Grabbed this CPU for a Birthday present last week and got around to playin a little, finally. I was having trouble getting over 228Mhz, dropped the LDT to 3X and off I went but Haven't finished playin yet..

232.JPG

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1158916362

2808.JPG

It Froze running 3dmark at 2808Mhz but with some tweaking and patience I should be able to get it stable..

Guest shaolin95

Ive got a 0451 and am having a blast with it. I was able to SuperPi 1MB at 2808 with stock cooling and 1.525x104% vcore. I wish I could put more vcore into it but must wait for some real cooling. I see you are using a lot of voltage so I pressume you are using water or phase. Which one is it?

Do you mind posting some 3Dmark2003 CPU scores, CPU BENCH 2003, etc.

Regards

Guest shaolin95

Cool. It seems the lates batch of NC are OCing nicely indeed. Hopefully the controller is also good. Mine is running my PDP XBL stable at 300 FSB with only 2.6v.

Guest shaolin95

Well I am at disadvantage due to stock cooling but still I can run any benchmark you want and playgames (minus NHL2005) @ 2744 but I backed up to whatever speed was stable using 1.525x104% in order to save my CPU for when I get water or phase cooling. At the end my final really stable speed is 298.20x9= 2684.77Mhz. I think its not bad at all for stock cooling. Almost 300Mhz for free plus the added bandwidth... :D

Regards

Guest shaolin95

Dont be to impressed remember that I only have 1 stick of RAM. Thats why I am going to, probably, by OCZ VX when I decide to buy more memory and replace my current one. In any case I am doing 300FSB 8 HRs prime stable at 2.5-3-3-10 using 2.6v cause anything higher will give me errors. If you still want the timings let me know but I am sure you thought I had 2 sticks.

Regards

anything over a week 33 is good... the only thing dat sux bout mines is temp reading... i idle at 35/idle on temp probe is 31... load on mines is about 55c/load on temp probe is 40... so dont know which is right... i did 275x10 on mines it boots up fine and run 3dmark01... but not stable at 1.65 volts.... but i backed down to 268x10(2680) @1.65... im happy where im at... but keep trying ull probably hit 2.8 stable... but most nc 3400 clock about 2.7 stable.

ahh i see, well keep us updated lads :)

im deciding wether or not to drop timings to 2.5-4-3-7 and go 1:1 270 @ 2.9v and have 270*10 and get the HTT faster using LDT * 2.5. Do you think that will be faster than the 2.8 as ive upped the HTT although ive lost clock speed?

Guest shaolin95

Upping the HTT should do little, if anything, for you performance wise...normally you just need to keep it within range to keep stability. At least thats what most people that knows this board says. I think I am running mine at 2.5 so let me try 3 and see if its still stable and also deliver better performance. In order to compensate for the clock speed you will need to increase bandwidth and also using trighter timings will help. I can SuperPi 33seconds @ 300, 295 and sometimes even 290FSB by using tighter timings.

UPADATE:

Just tested a 298 with LDT3 and actually my system scored lower in CPU Bench and SuperPI. I am keeping 2.5 then. Must be an instability problem.