Sign in to follow this  
tictac

DFI LanPartyB : Vcore Mod with Pencil trick

Hey... i just did the mod on my DFI LPB... it works :nod:

tictac Pencil Vcore Mod

1) you only need to pencil down this resistor i mark with yellow color...

2) The resistor value is about 100 ohm

3) pensil it down to reduce the resistance.and you will get higher Vcore voltage

4) i pencil it down to 90-95ohm

5) now when i set 1.55v Vcore in bios i get 1.6V (0.05V overvolt) :D

Tested by me... on my DFI Lan Party B

Happy Tweaking... ;)

ignore that 2 red & black wire :shake:

DFI-LPB-vcore-Pencil-mod.JPG

Go Tedy Go Tedy!!!

Guys, remember, this VX stuff...err.. UTT stuff likes 8,2,2,2 as timing not 11,2,2,2. Just a heads up.

TicTac what kind of speeds are you getting? I should have grabbed 2x256 too, just for speed testing.

i havent really push my TwinMOS SP yet... as my Proc only max arround 1.6-1.7GHz with stock cooling

thanks.. i will try your timing later

BTW the Vcore mod... i tested with prime... 5hours stable so far... & still running :nod:

Cool :), if I have to resort to that someday I will.

I will probably just use a pot or something.

Anyways, have you ever tried modding the main original.bin file to see if vmods could be done from there?

I've tried but whenever I replace the original one using that modded modbin it replaces the modded one with the original.

It's a real pain, yet I've done this before with the romsips.

I dn why it does that.

I'm thinking the only way of even testing to see if it would work is to use that cbrom method.

I can't understand 100% what you posted on your forum about on how to do that though.

Anyways thanks for the pencil trick ;).

@TicTac: Hey dude, cool mod. But i was wondering which chip this is, the location of it on the board. Do you have a larger picture of the board for the location of the chip?

How many layers of pencil did you covered the chippie in? I can just use a HB pencil? I assume that i have to pencil the top?

@TheWizzard: The chip is located to the right side of the 4-pin 12v connector, just above the AGP slot. Just pencil the top will do. If there's too much overvolting, just rub it and re-pencil it :nod:

I have a quick ?, I actually might do this for the hell of it to see what I can do past 2v's.

Anyways my ? is, does the onbaord volt meter tell the truth when you do this or not?

I know in the past with some mods to certain boards, that if you did somehting like this it would still say for example 1.45v, instead of 1.65v like it really is.

Just wondering if I could tell the diff's without needed a va meter on hand.