Sign in to follow this  
abledon

DFI Supported CPU's

Lol, nah nah ;).

You won't lose anything, they all have the sata roms in them, probably the same ver's too.

If you use a bios off from Tmod's cd, it has updated sata roms that people have tested, which could be a plus.

The sata ver is displayed after the bios post screen ;), that's what I was talking about before.

Guest pan

New development. Now my drive is not being seen. Windows starts examining my configuration, then when I till it to install it tells me there's no drive present. Meanwhile, while I reboot, my drive is definetely seen. What's going on with windows? I inserted the Seagate drivers cd and it keeps telling me to put a new cd in. What's going on?

Help!

Turn Sata on in the bios????????????????ANd are you installing the Sata driver before winblows searches for your drives??????????????

Guest pan

In Genie Bios I first had SATA RAID on (default). Now changed it to SATA. No difference. Should I not be seenig my drive somewhere in bios under devices? I can see my DVD drive. I'm not installing the Sata driver before windblows, I can't install windblows at all. It says there are no storage volume present. Bummer!

Do you have the RAID drivers for your SATA drive on a floppy disk? So that when you go to install Winfroze, and when it says press F6 to install RAID drivers etc... Then you do that, and later on it asks for the floppy you can then have them accessed from the floppy drive.

Also, are there any jumpers on your SATA drive? Some have them, some don't. Check that to make sure whether you need to set anything like that. Also, if you haven't done so, in your BIOS set the second or third boot device to SCSI, and also have the SATA drive option set to SATA RAID, as someone else in this thread mentioned. If you cable for the drive, jumper (if needed) and power are all connected and in good working order, then you ought to be good to go.

Is your DVD-RW drive SATA or PATA? That might make a difference as well.

Best to you.

Guest pan
Do you have the RAID drivers for your SATA drive on a floppy disk? So that when you go to install Winfroze, and when it says press F6 to install RAID drivers etc... Then you do that, and later on it asks for the floppy you can then have them accessed from the floppy drive.

I have the floppy that came with the board 'SILICON IMAGE 3114 SATA RAID DRIVER DISKETTE REV. 001'. I also made another floppy with a revision of SATA without RAID. When I'm prompted to press F6 and install a driver from floppy, nothing happens. I press F6 and Winfroze goes hapily into setup. I tried this now about 10 times with no results.

Also, are there any jumpers on your SATA drive? Some have them, some don't. Check that to make sure whether you need to set anything like that.

I didn't see any jumpers on my drive.

Also, if you haven't done so, in your BIOS set the second or third boot device to SCSI, and also have the SATA drive option set to SATA RAID, as someone else in this thread mentioned. If you cable for the drive, jumper (if needed) and power are all connected and in good working order, then you ought to be good to go.

From the TMODS cd I ran a Seagate diagnostic tool and my drive was recognized. It's just not being seen in the bios. I'll set 2nd or 3rd boot device to SCSI and try again.

Is your DVD-RW drive SATA or PATA? That might make a difference as well.

It's eide.

Thanks!

Do you have a button on your keyboard that changes the "F keys" to other things? Usually called F-lock, it has to be on for the F keys to funtion as F keys. Just a thought :) 99% of the time that's why people can't get the F6 to work on windows installer...

{TCC}puTTs

Guest pan

I didn't see any such keys on my keyboard, but I'll try a different keyboard ....

Guest pan

I tried a different keyboard, but get the same result. It ignores the F6 key command and enters Windows setup. Maybe it's my floppy drive? Is there a way to install these sata drivers from a cd? ora Tmods disc?

Guest pan

I think I really screwed up now. How can I tell if my CPU or motherboard are dead?

What should readings in the BIOS be for a 3200+ amd cpu? is it 1700mhz? I think it still sees my 1700+ and I can't ever run Memtest, it just hangs.

Help!