Damage to Ultra D - packing problem (please see first post in thread!

Where did you buy yours from?

Monarch Computer. They insist I pay shipping charges to send bad board back to them. I finally had to have them cross ship a new board to me, as I am without PC. Having to use roommates. They may relent and pay shipping back if DFI owns up to this problem.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My board was also damaged on arrival :(

Power and reset buttons broken.

Ah man, sorry to hear that. I am getting a new one from Monarch. If it's damaged, I will be buying the MSI board.

Jo Bob, can you take digital photos of your board and post them or send them to Angry_Games on this forum? Tyson posted a couple of photos of his damage too, which is very similar to mine and yours. Where did you buy yours from? Newegg? ZZF? Monarch?

DFI is trying to gather names & damage samples, though from what I can see, it's a foregone conclusion...

Mine will arrive on 3/4 from newegg. Can only hope for the best. I wonder if these are damaged when shipped in bulk to the retailers with the boxes stacked on one another?

Mine will arrive on 3/4 from newegg. Can only hope for the best. I wonder if these are damaged when shipped in bulk to the retailers with the boxes stacked on one another?

Could be. The damage might also happen as soon as they seal the box. I also wonder if the weight of the round cables might play a part. They are packed in the same area as the Karajan module.

Hope your board is good.

Ah man, sorry to hear that. I am getting a new one from Monarch. If it's damaged, I will be buying the MSI board.

Jo Bob, can you take digital photos of your board and post them or send them to Angry_Games on this forum? Tyson posted a couple of photos of his damage too, which is very similar to mine and yours.

DFI is trying to gather names & damage samples, though from what I can see, it's a foregone conclusion...

Sorry, I already have it packaged back up to RMA it to......umm whomever will take it :P Sent Zipzoomfly an email but my 30 days since purchase may be up. ( got MB first and have been slowly ordering the rest as I get money)

My board today and it was undamaged. My cmos reset jumper was bent, but that was all. It was apparent that the audio modual was smashing against the board as described in the previos posts. The anti static bag had scratches and scars in that location, thankfully everything was ok.

OK, this is funny.

I got my replacement board from Monarch today. The board appears to be in excellent shape (raucous applause)! No tweaking is evident on any pin or switch, the audio module was mushed against the edge of the mobo, but not on it this time.

HOWEVER: nothing else was in the box. There were no rounded cables, no driver disk, no instruction manual. But for the board and audio module, it was empty!!

It appears there are some serious problems at the packing facility for these things!!

Luckily, I still had my other board, so I lifted out all the other stuff.

Makes me worried that this is a refurb board. Is there a way to tell when the board was produced?? As long as it works perfectly, I am happy.

Now I just need to get the broken board shipped back for no cost out of MY pocket!

EDIT: I don't know what the hell is going on...I'm pretty sure the board I got today was a refurb, probably packed by Monarch (read above). It was VERY clear that the Karajan audio module had been handled before, it was covered with fingerprints and some other kind of gunk near the audio ports (yuck!). I'm pretty pissed off right now. I have to call Monarch AGAIN to have them send me a NEW (read: UNUSED), undamaged motherboard. DFI....HELP!!! I just want one of your boards!!!

Maybe I will buy locally so I do not need to ship it back if there are any troubles :) I like the mail order place though because they apparently will send a new board to me immediately once they were to receive the defective board in the first year! Have to like that policy! However, shipping could cost some $$ :)

GL