Damage to Ultra D - packing problem (please see first post in thread!

can everyone link me to threads that discuss this, and can everyone provide pictures of the damage?

you can use the email link in my sig if you do not want (or know how) to host them here

Travis, I linked all the web discussion sites in my last email to you (the long one you forwarded). They are at Anandtech, Toms hardware, AMDMB, HardOCP and here. The discussion at Anandtech, HardOCP and here yeilded people with the similar damage.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard of both. One site reviewed the board and said his buttons were smashed but it still posted. I have heard from other users that it won't properly power up at all. It could just be coincidence but I guess it depends on how the board is registering that damage. It may be getting a signal from those switches that it shouldn't be.

Travis, I linked all the web discussion sites in my last email to you (the long one you forwarded). They are at Anandtech, Toms hardware, AMDMB, HardOCP and here. The discussion at Anandtech, HardOCP and here yeilded people with the similar damage.

yep, and i appreciate it...I was just asking everyone else to post pics or links of their own so we can get a wider idea of the situation.

thanks!

I simply RMAed my board to DFI because it would not even POST and they were happy to take it. I made sure to write all over it that the damage was caused by a packaging problem to hammer the point home. I sent them my motherboard today and it will repaired (if possible) or replaced within 10 days. I will let everyone know the results when I get my board back. Good luck to you all!