Damage to Ultra D - packing problem (please see first post in thread!

Just received my Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D, undamaged. The audio module was packaged within the lan motherboard's box itself, though since I ordered enough parts at once the motherboard box was in a much, much larger box with lots of packing peanuts.

There was a little bit of scarring on the anti-static bag, which shows pressure was applied, just not enough to damage the board.

Happy camper here!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bones, was your audio module in a clear plastic case, sitting on the switches thru a hole in the cardboard divider?

yes, indeed. Sitting right on top of the board, on top of the switches. crunched them up good.

Since it had taken DFI so long to respond to this, Monarch made it right for me, they sent me another board and paid for my shipping back to them. The board arrived undamaged, but the static bag WAS torn open, over the ez switches. Good customer service, that...taking responsibility for someone else's mistake.

Just wanted to let everyone know that after numerous ignored e-mail to Angry_Games, I finally got in touch with someone who desired to help out my situation. I explained that I had received a damaged motherboard and was promptly told that I should have received free service (which I did not). I explained that this was the case, and a kind employee reimbursed my shipping costs out of his own pocket, citing that it would be too much paperowrk to get an $11 reimbursement check from Taiwan. I have been extremely pleased with the service I finally got and my woes about DFI have been wiped away. I hope DFI has solved the packaging problem and that future motherboards will be damage-free.

Just wanted to let everyone know that after numerous ignored e-mail to Angry_Games, I finally got in touch with someone who desired to help out my situation. I explained that I had received a damaged motherboard and was promptly told that I should have received free service (which I did not). I explained that this was the case, and a kind employee reimbursed my shipping costs out of his own pocket, citing that it would be too much paperowrk to get an $11 reimbursement check from Taiwan. I have been extremely pleased with the service I finally got and my woes about DFI have been wiped away. I hope DFI has solved the packaging problem and that future motherboards will be damage-free.

Glad to hear it finally worked out for you...I wonder if other people got taken care of OK.

I'm surprised and disappointed this is no longer a sticky. I know for a fact there are still people getting damaged boards. Seen them posting on other forums. At least these posts will bring it back up for a bit.