The Intel 6xx Series 875P-T thread

Hey guys, how you finding the 6x0's?

I'm now contemplating ordering a 660 for myself :D

Seems the BETA Bios is working OK, there's only 1 version at the moment right? At least with the 660 I can flash the BIOS even without a supported CPU.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angry: You've done what you can do. To us the "consumer" you've done what most woln't and we thank you for that. If your willing to hang your self out there to represent what WE want and expect from our mobo's I couldn't ask anymore. If DFI wants to place that against you then I have to question there values in the customer. We depend on you being the voice for us and as a result they SHOULD listen to what you have to say; even if it hurts.

Again thank you,

Jeff

Why do you say the 865's never reach the same fsb? Of course they do. I see it all the time. The talk of dividers is because we want to go HIGHER than 275fsb. Hell, my PC4000 will do 280fsb completely stable at 1:1, but I want to drop the multi and run near 300 fsb. Since I don't have any Gskill TCCD the 5:4 divider is necessary.

The 865 doesnt have PAT period. It does have a PAT-like performance feature that certainly doesnt disappear when oc'ed. What are you talking about? :confused:

Yea speaking of which my AS8 wont run with PAT at all with my 640. Does the DFI 875-T work with PAT or not? If it does Im ordering one tonight

Hey guys,

Getting my 6xx CPU soon, can anyone tell me if you can use the Alt-F2 flash thingie to flash from a CD, or does it have to be from a floppy disk?

How exactly does it work, I put in my cpu, boot, wait till after post/during post and then hold alt and press f2 or is there some other procedure? Must the floppy/CD be bootable?

carnajo ,go to the beta biose section .there is 2 off the biose with same date . one off them is really easy to flash the biose . you download it .set an emty diskette ind . open the file you downloaded . then a box comes up and says put in a disk in. press ok .then it loads the biose and flash utility on it. then all you have to do is start the pc with the disk and everythig goes on its own . i tried the one with winflash forst and couldnt get it to work .it kept telling me wrong file or something .

this is the prosieger of how to :

30001902 How to flash BIOS with Diamond Flash Image? I find this Image file on some models. 2004/07/14

Answer :

Diamond Flash Image is unique feature developed by DFI to facilitate users flashing BIOS. User does not have to run the complicated procedures, but just flash the BIOS as an easy job.

1. Prepare one piece of clean floppy diskette.

2. Run the BIOS file from website directly or copy it to HDD to run.

3. It will image to floppy disk drive "A" including flash utility, BIOS file along with instruction and create booting program automatically.

4. Boot up the system from FDD. It will automatically flash the BIOS.

5. Press "F1" as instructed when completing the flashing.

6. Run "Load Optimized Defaults" or "Load Setup Defaults" in BIOS after completing the BIOS flashing

and you can get the biose here :http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bio..._FLAG=B&SITE=NA

its the diomand flash one .the forst one. so make the floppy disk ready before you put the new cpu in and boot with it . or even better flash the biose .so its ready for your cpu .

Cool, thanks man.

My only worry was because I will only have a 660 CPU, and not a 5xx to first update. So I was worried that due to the CPU being unsuported I wouldn't even post and thus I won't be able to flash the BIOS. I know that some here have been able to with using Alt-F2, but I've read of some at xtremesystems.org who had problems with continous reboots before and had to loan a 5xx to update. I unfortunately won't be able to do that.

Hi i'm new to this web site. I have a question i just purchased the 875-t mobo on zipzoomfly web site and it's in transit but i recently found out about this web site yesterday 3/19 and didn't know that the pentium 640 cpu is not supported now i'm stuck with this motherboard and a cpu that doesn't work. I read a few of your threads and found out that you need a bios update to do so. But i don't have a 5xx series cpu is there anyway i can salvage this motherboard and not have to return the mobo and lose 15/% restocking fee. is there anyway to update bios without a 5xx cpu if not can anyone help me please

I'm in a similar position to you. Except I have the board and am awaiting arrival of my 660.

Now, most seem to have just mad a floppy with the automated DFI bios program, install 6xx as usual, start the PC while holding in Alt-F2. This should then boot from the floppy and automatically update the BIOS.

Some though weren't so lucky and had to update the BIOS beforehand. In which case you have a few options:

1) loan a 5xx somehow.

2) ship your BIOS chip from the mobo to someone with a 5xx and DFI 875P-T, they put it in their mobo and do the flash for you and then send it back (perhaps from a friendly fellow forum member?)

3) ask DFI to send you a BIOS chip with the Beta BIOS and put it in your mobo (don't know if they'll do this)

4) Visit www.badflash.com and buy a BIOS chip for DFI 875P-T with the beta bios on it, or send them yours to flash the BIOS onto.

Good luck.

I'm hoping mine works without the need of a 5xx, else 2 or 5 are my options, don't think DFI will send me chip as I'm in S.A.