The Intel 6xx Series 875P-T thread

Ok I am at a point where I have to make a choice. I always buy myself something major for my PC as a Birthday gift to me. well this year I have 3 choices as to what I wanna do. Budget I give myself is usually $400 to $500.

Choice 1. upgrade to a 640 chip on my intel rig.

Choice 2. Build a water cooling setup and push the 3.0 further (wife is against this choice)

Choice 3. Ditch my intel and do another AMD64 set up using a 3200 and NF3 with AGP support. I am happy with my current video card and see no reason to upgrade it just yet.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its tax time here and that means tax return money.I picked up a new 630 the other day and am now also looking for good memory for this MB.The local comp store said they would talk to the ocz rep. and get me some hynix-B( pc44oo gold).It was not hynix but was the same stuff that Stan has and didnt work very well, it would freeze at 275 right after it booted into windows. The store said give them another chance to get the hynix stuff so I'm waiting on the second order now.I also picked up so OCZ PC3200 Plat rev2.It did a little better at 1:1, 5222 up to 220fsb then 7332.5 to around 270fsb.It didn't like 280fsb.The 5:4 diveder did work to 280fsb at 7-3-3-2.5 but no higher error free in memtest, but I didnt try windows at that speed cus my el 4200 is still better at 5:4 to 290fsb so I will return the 3200 rev2 and try some VX next.

With the EL 4200 at 3:2 and the 560J at 14x300fsb I get some errors in tests 3 and 4, none in test 5,6 and 1 error every pass in test #7.It will not boot into windows at that speed but I think thats the cpu. The 3200Gold(BH5) will run 1:1@ 240fsb at 5-2-2-2 and 5:4@280fsb 5-2-2-2 100% stable but will not run any higher at any setting in 1:1.

Sam you will have to find out on your own what memory works for you as I dont want to be resposible for you getting memory that doesnt work with your rig.

By the way ford how are the ocz you have in your rig now. I also would like to know Since the gold series is cas 2.5 isn't cas 2.0 faster but 2.5 has a bigger bandwidth (433,500,533, and 600Mhz) which is better to have cas or band

well i am not much of a overclocker pes say. I was just wandering if the board will set the correct values of the memory chip is all

If you aren't in to OCing then you don't need anything other then 3200 mem. The higher speeds are for matching up to your CPU & FSB & Mem when you OC. But to answer your question directly, it will set the proper timings per SPD. But if you are thinking it will automatically go to PC4000 or PC4400 without doing anything, it ain't gonna happen. It will only use those speeds if you OC.

After some more testing I will not be taking the OCZ PC3200 rev2 TCCD back. This board likes tight timmings.I am stable at [email protected] at 250fsb and 1:1.More testing at 3:2 I am totaly memtest error free at 5-2-2-2 @295fsb and the 14X.It will boot into windows and run 3/4 of 32m superpi but I am getting 30% throttle and lots of heat, 65C, so I will add more fans and post back in the main forum as its with a 560J not a 6xx cpu.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/edit...security=dPXmDn

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/edit...security=TzVxjQ

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/edit...security=mFtAtc

Sorry the links are not working and I can't get to webshots to fix them.

Stan I see you have some 3200rev2, my settings are 3:2, 5-2-2-2 @ 2.9V.I have done the vdimm mod so thats close to the real Vdimm.1.8Vagp and cpc Addr/control dissabled.Vcore is 1.65V for the 560Jx295.Fine tune memory timmings enabled and everthing else on auto.I think it was heat that stopped the superpi run.

Sam the el plats you have will with 2 sticks will run 5222 and turbo at ddr400 and 30-3.1Vdimm to give you a little over 5000mb/s in sandra I think.Running all 4 sticks together should still run 5222 but pat will disable itself and you cant run turbo. At 3.2Vdimm they should run 7222 to 220-230fsb.

Guest LightSpeed

Ford I see you have been playing with a new CPU :)

Regarding your 560J, is it a malay batch, and what sSpec is it? I just got my 560J after an extensive hunt, malay (my plant of choice).

My 4200 Platinum don't like 7 for tras above 260FSB, and can do 2-2-2-5 up to 220FSB with 2.8v. I hit 280@1:1 with my D0, and hoping to hit that with the 560 as well. With the 640 anything over 270FSB was too much of a PITA, and I am not sure if it is just the new BIOS limiting things. I got the same issue with superpi not responding after 15 loops or so using the 640. I also cannot get a set of graphs when using OCCT and a 640. It gets to the end and nothing happens. This is a known bug with the program, but didn't affect my D0 at all. Will find out more once I crack this 560 open. Now I have a D0, E0 and N0 to play with :shake:

Stan, which BIOS are you using for your E0 CPU?

Light

I got the 560J when they fist came out but I only use it for the 14x and high fsb,With the cooling I have I cant get it over 4.2G but my 640 will game at 4.4G so thats what I normaly use.I sanded the top for a flat surface and dont remember where its from but not china.

My 4200ELs are not even the plats only my 3200ELs are but the 4200ELs are memtest free at 283fsb at 7-4-4-2.5 but not stable in windows over 270 and will only do 6-3-3-2 at 200fsb.

the 3200 TCCDs run hotter at 2.9V@250fsb than the 3200 plats(BH-6) at 3.4V and 230fsb.

Guest LightSpeed

Well it looks like 270 is the max for a 6xx, as I can easily surpass that with my 3.6E

With this 3.6E I can actually use the 5:4 divider too :shake:

Right now I am burning in the CPU using 1.425v, and 232FSBx18 with no problems so far. I am glad I ditched that 640, as I don't think DFI will ever get it right. While on that topic, the same 640 which wouldn't even POST @260 with default voltage is running 260FSB with AUTO vcore on a P5P800. DFI engineers should have a look at the ASUS BIOS and see what they are missing ;)

• 1 month later...
Hallo to all of you !

I have a problem with my DFI Lanparty 875P-T : i need to have correct bios in order to run my new CPU Intel P4 mod 630. Somebody can help me ? I have installed last version on DFI website dtd 25th january nut not running, not only but now bios is stopped and I cannot even run my pc,I mean that after 1st page of bios after memory test the pc reboot starting from zero again bios and continue forever....

Too many problems : I really need yr support. Pls help.

thank you for yr reply,

ciao and regards

andrea

you need to flash the bios to 3/25/05