The help Mekrel OC thread

Mekrel

Well, seems like i got my disappearing sata and IDE channels sorted so when my OCZ Rev2 2*512 came i decided it was time to overclock.

Firstly, some information for yall:

A643400 NC

ADA3400AEP4AX

CBAZC0440GPCW

Im on 10/15 bios, and so far I have got here with these settings:

[bIMG]http://www.meknet.co.uk/dfi_nf3.jpg[/bIMG]

im at 2.8 Vdimm and i tired using an 11 multi to meet my desired 2.7 ghz but keep getting a driver_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS error on windows loading screen :(

More CPU voltage? what is the option in the bios called to raise this? NF3 bios is kinda big lol.

Not sure I will try that tonight.

but I thought because its just the divider im trying to up that it may well indeed by a chip limitation, as shes lovin it at 250 and so is the ram, but as I said i will experiment withh a divider to find my chips limitation.

Well yay I hit 2.7 :D and it seems on good volts too :)

[bimg]http://www.meknet.co.uk/dfi_nf3_2.jpg[/bimg]

now, i cant go over 1.55 volts for CPU in bios? Or do I have to use the special CPU VID? because i dont understand how that works.

SuperPI 1M @ 34.

I had AGP @ 67 but I heard DFI board prefers 66 instead of 67 which other nforce3 boards seem to prefer, think thats what solved my BSOD.

Yeah gotta admit that i aint really bothered about nforce4, it seems abit too much enthusiast for me as in i dont really have the water cooling / phase change people are using with the NF4 boards with thier Fx55's and etc.

Although I know you dont have to go that far :)

Hopefully it works out better, and I get whats coming around the corner. Looking forward to the ATI Chipsets coming out.