DFI NF4 owners - Please post pics

Guest eva2000
i love the innovative ram cooling take that fatal1ty

thanks... it's practical :)

can't see how case manufactuers aren't designing tower cases but with horizontal motherboard mounting

makes like alot easily to handle heavier heatsinks, ram cooling etc :)

I got an Asus x800xl in mine and the card extends over 2/3rds of the the NB fan. To put a passive cooler on you would have to hack off at least half of the pins, i gonna go ahead and say thats a bad idea and would leave your passive cooler inneffective. if you were able to soder pins back on in other location who knows, but without modding outlook doesnt look good for passive.

Here are some shots of my mb with the zalman and a gigabyte silentpipe 6600gt. Hope it helps. And as far as cooling, running prime95 this chip hits 42C max and this is running 120mm fans at only 850rpm (yes, I love a quiet rig).

i really didnt have ANY obstruction problems with a X850XT and XP-120 cooler.

The ONLY "problem" was that (whe i assembled the board the first day) one condensor had to be pushed to the side VERY slightly so the ***** karajn audio module would fit. But it was only a little push and far from "bending" or even close to doing any damage,

Here are some shots of my mb with the zalman and a gigabyte silentpipe 6600gt. Hope it helps. And as far as cooling, running prime95 this chip hits 42C max and this is running 120mm fans at only 850rpm (yes, I love a quiet rig).

what are your idle and load temps w/ that cooler?

what are your idle and load temps w/ that cooler?

It's amazingly stable in temps.. idle it sits at 38C and load it only goes to 42C. I think it helps that I have a 120mm fan moving some air over it. I may try turning off my intake fan and see what it goes to. The temps I get now are better than with the stock cooler.

Note that the temps are read using speedfan 4.21 as I found the smart guardian that comes on the mb driver cd to be a bit off compared to actual temps I measured (always read about 4-5C lower than actual that I've measured).