Sign in to follow this  
xpr-k

DFI 250 GB weirdness .

Ive got this board for about 2 weeks now i think and my feeling are pretty mixed about it . First off it will NEVER boot succesfully into windows when its been off for more then a few hours , it usuallly takes me about 2 or 3 boots with various symptons before it works . It always starts with my mobo not detecting any HDD , it will hang on detecting HDD drives or go on until it says i got 'no boot device enter disk and press enter' . Sometimes on the second go , i'll get the detecting array msg but thats very rare , mostly on the second boot it'll either give some very troubling looking windows error which basicly would indicate a corrupt HD . But then on the third go everything is peechy and my puter is stable as a rock .

Has anyone had the same troubles and maybe found a solution for it ? (btw all this happened at stock settings , i only oc'ed my system yesterday and its not worse or better cause off it)

I got some more issues but i'm gonna hold of on em a while cause nobody likes a long post .

fix your sig to reflect the correct cpu, and give me your settings etc

here's something you can possibly go by...but its overclocked a bit, and using OCZ 3700EB 2x512 (i have never owned any TwinMOS in my life so I cannot comment...but there's a nice TwinMOS thread in the Overclocking section taht might be of some use to you)

CPUZvsSG.jpg

This is my current setting but its borderline primestable , ive yet to test if its under or over the line . 2400mhz crapped out on me last nite but that was 240x10 , i'm gonna prime this next and i got a feeling it'll pass .

But like i said it doesnt matter, cause before i had my powerstream my twinmoss UTT wouldnt even do 210 fsb so i ran at default settings . Today is the first time i booted up with overclocked settings after it was turned off for a nite and it should the same symptons as with default settings .

rite that alot of screens angry and i'm not to sure which once relate to my problems . I can tell you however its basicly how my system is set up except for the boot sequence . I'm using hard disk as primary , CDROM second , floppy third , boot other devices -> no . I'll try your removable device setup but i'm not sure its usable for me . I only got 1 HD , no raid so if that has anything to do with it i cant use it .

I'll keep you updated, will know something as early as tomorrow IF i havent got any downloads open tonight .

yes angry i know , but ive only been experimenting with oc'ing since yesterday , before that i ran stock defaults . Nothing in my genie bios settings was manually set , and my Vcore readouts reflected the default Vcore setting round 1.5Vcore .

The problem has always been there (2 weeks old mobo mind you), today when i booted up for the first time with oc'ed settings it happened again . It only proves oc'ing didnt fix it :P .

Ive been on 3 different bios'es and they all did the same , although it wasnt so frequent on the bios the board came with .

Hi mate, can you confirm if you still have this problem? My board has been doing this a hell of alot and i want to sort it out. Got my OCZ Rev2 coming tomorrow and overclocking aint gonna be easy when my system is erroring @ stock.

Im in the same boat:

Sometimes i boot up and detected IDE devices will not show/ takes ages.

" " some drives will not get detected.

" " drives wont get detected and it goes into the IDE Raid Array thing, although IDE raid is turned off in the bios.

Ive used both cables which came with the board and still does it. I got some different Sata and IDE cables coming with the ram on monday so will let you know if its duff cables /board.

Gotta be the either as ive tried different bios, the one im on now and the one which came with the board :(

booted fine today, but like i suspected angries screens didnt help me much . The different boot sequence he has is because he's got a raid setup . I have to use hard disk as first boot device . If i ever find a combo of drivers/settings/bios i'll be sure to post it , my lanparty rev B had alot of issues to in the end i found a combo that ran troublefree at a decent oc . Just took a while to find my boards zen settings . It is oriental ya know ;-)

Thanks m8, ill have a fiddle on monday with different stuff and will let you know if i find anything of interest. Although I cant help but feel there are alot of threads concerning boot isues with these boards :(