NF4 - Some Help Getting Up & Running (Or Faster?)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez....right after posting my power went out and has been out for the last three hours.

Anyway, concerning my BIOS version, like I said it was preloaded for me on a bootable CD. It's supposed to be the latest and greatest version for my board. When I flashed it it said FLASH510; so I'm guessing it may have been a 5/10/05 version? How exactly can I check what version I have? I read this guide here on how to check but my screen does not look like that:

http://www.dfi-street-cpuz.com/biosversion.htm

However, when I boot up it says BIOS Version 5.1.37 at the top of the screen; is that the MB version? Or is that my Video Card BIOS?

As soon as I get Windows Installed I can run CPU-Z and check.

Since my BIOS is supossedly the latest and greatest for my board maybe I should just leave everything on Optimized Defaults for now since this guide was written back in February. I guess at least until I can find a system in the OC Database that is similar to mine.

Thanks for the replies. :) Any more suggestions will be welcome as well. :)

Your bios version will be located on the bottom left corner during boot.

Oh ok thanks, is there one for my board even if NOT OC..?? Doh! this is for 1 stick of ram.. I need set up for 2 sticks.. I amost messed up/ that one fan is driving me nuts .. up and down even with throttle disabled. but I just dont know the timings to set in the bios. :P

Thank You

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
will the setting on the fisrt post do damage to any part of my system?

i dont want to void any waranties

No, there isn't any danger that those settings will damage your computer or void any warranties. The very worst thing that will happen is a no boot. The second worst thing is that the settings won't pass MemTest. But that's what all of those wonderful BIOS options are for.