Sign in to follow this  
recoverep

poor video performance after overclock..

Awesome... So whats better Coolbits or Coolbit...

So those will allow you to mod the bios huh.. Are they fairly easy to use? And you were able to enable the temp sensor from these programs?! I will def have to try out.

Forceware Coolbits 2.0?

Sound right?

Sound right?

Yes that is what I'm using. No you can't mod the bios with it, but I think the temp sensor may already be enabled on your card. After you follow the instructions and get coolbits2 setup, right click your desktop and click nvidia display, in the menu that pops up you should see 'clock frequency settings' and if enabled temperature settings. If the temp settings not there post back and I'll find the link and post it for you on modding the bios.

Sorry Joe, but this mod only appears to work for the 6600 cards, not the 6800's. I'll search and see if I can info on 6800's when I get a chance. Anyone with a 6600 thats interested:

Here is the link to the bios mod, read down a couple posts. If you're going to do this, MAKE SURE you follow the directions exactly. I had no problems doing this, but as always proceed at your own risk.

Temp Mod Here

Also see this link for some info too.More Info Here

Sorry Joe, but this mod only appears to work for the 6600 cards, not the 6800's. I'll search and see if I can info on 68800's when I get a chance. Anyone with a 6600 thats interested:

Here is the link to the bios mod, read down a couple posts. If you're going to do this, MAKE SURE you follow the directions exactly. I had no problems doing this, but as always proceed at your own risk.

Temp Mod Here

Also see this link for some info too.More Info Here

So it will not work then with my 6800 GT?.. After installing Coobits i found the Clock Frequency Setting and the temp setting. However I didnt see the "Fan always enable and any advanced settings. I did put my agp voltage back down to 1.6 though. I hear that Omni is a good moding tool, but i havent been able to try it. Since my card is Oc'd already, I dont know what to put it at to be safe with the stock cooling.

As far as new drivers I did install the 6693 Approved drivers last night. I also installed new MoBo chipset drivers. I was suprised to find that there were no Video/Agp chipset drivers in there..

Havent d/l 3DMark 03 yet... but here are the new 05 readings.

General Information

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

DirectX Version 9.0c

Mobo Manufacturer

Mobo Model nForce-CK8S

AGP Rates (Current/Available) 0x /

CPU AMD Athlon 64 2103 MHz

FSB 202 MHz

Memory 1024 MB

Display Information

Graphics Chipset NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

Driver Name NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

Driver Version 6.6.9.3

Driver Status WHQL - FM Approved

Video Memory 256 MB

Core Clock 371 MHz

Memory Clock 1002 MHz

Benchmark Settings

Program Version 3DMark05 Revision 2 Build 0

Resolution [email protected] bit

Anti-Aliasing None

Texture Filtering Optimal

Vertex Shader Profile 3_0

Pixel Shader Profile 3_0

Force Full Precision Off

Disable DST Off

Disable Post-processing Off

Force Software Vertex Shaders Off

Color Mipmaps Off

Repeat Count Off

Main Test Results

3DMark Score 2707 3DMarks

CPU Score 735 CPUMarks

Detailed Test Results

Game Tests

GT1 - Return To Proxycon 14.3 fps

GT2 - Firefly Forest 7.0 fps

GT3 - Canyon Flight 12.7 fps

CPU Tests

CPU Test 1 0.5 fps

CPU Test 2 0.5 fps

Yeah, after rereading some stuff at the 2nd link I provided, it seems some peeps tried it unsuccessfully on 6800's

After installing Coobits i found the Clock Frequency Setting and the temp setting
The only thing the mod did for me was to show the temp setting entry. The fan always on setting was already there. As far as the scores, just not sure whats holding you back, I'm scoring 3567 on 3dmark 05 @ 550 core, 1100 mem. with the 71.22 forceware.

How do I tell if I have the wrong card. When I run SIS it says 6800 Gt...

So I OC last night. I detected the optimal settings. It OC to 410 @ 1.08ghz. Things seemed to run ok HOWEVER I cant run 3dmark 01 03 or 05? I get the Windows error - "3dMark has encountered and error and needs to shut down." Is this because of the OC?

#2 - I set the fan always on settings on the VC. My agp volatge is 1.6--- I want to try to go to 425 @ 1000ghz/1.100ghz... With stock cooling do you think that would be alright??