Sign in to follow this  
Drew

nF3: the problems continue...

I was having SATA cold boot detection issues that were fixed by upping the chipset voltage to 2.9v. Memory voltage had nothing to do with my paticular problem.

2.9? Stock is 1.6, and it only goes up to 1.9 :confused:

fixed my disapearing drives somehow.

I changed my cables and to 10/15 oscar wu bios. Could have been either !

My money is on the cables.

Sorry, I ment 1.9v - it's been awhile since i've been in my bios but I did recall setting it to the high end of the range. I've been running at this voltage for some time now will no ill efects(so far). I had to do something as the detection problem was causing minor corruption on the array if you didin't shut down soon after having the detection failure. I was so ready to trash the board before the tweak fixed it as I ran OC'ed Intel platforms before this which booted flawlessly everytime.

Been busy and just getting back to tinkering with it. I've never messed with chipset voltage before, so before I go pushing it to 1.9v, is it going to create quite a bit of extra heat running it like that all the time? I have no way of checking it myself because this board reads waaaaay off. You mentioned drive corruption...I've noticed a number of odd things XP has been doing since installing this board that never happened before.

I haven't noticed anything running much warmer with the increase in chipset voltage but I do have a case with a side mounted fan blowing directly on the motherboard.

In my case, the disk corruption was picked up by windows and the preboot warning screen - Windows has detected inconsistancies in the file structure - chkdsk will run in 10 sec bla bla - . You can manually run chkdsk from the command prompt by entering chkdsk C: /F It will run in the preboot mode on the next reboot. If you have problems it would list the "fixed" file structures.