Serious Problem with ULTRA-D..HELP!

At first i thought my system has a too-little power PSU but i just bought a Enermax 495W PSU(12vdual) and the system still can't boot into windows. I've even tried with 3 different HDDs with OS inside, i still can't enter windows, After the Raid detecting thing, my system prompt me whether to start with safe mode and other kinds of mode, i've tried safe mode, last good configuration and normally, all the screen went black and there's flicker twice. And the whole system restarted. My system specs is:

Athlon64 3200+

PDP 3200XBLK+ TCDD 512 X 2

Powercolor ATI Radeon X800XL

Creative Audigy 2

IBM/WD HDDs

I thought there's something wrong with dual channel, so i just run with one ram on slot 1 orange, it still can't work. I disabled all SATA ports/LAN ports/onboard audio, the thing still can't work. I've at first put my vga card on the the 2nd PCIe16x slot and i thought there's some problem, so i put it into the first one, it can't work too. I've tried to put only one HDD and removing the audigy card, it can't work too. I've tried resetting the DMI pool, it cannot work too. I am using the retail bios that comes with it, dated on 25/1/2005. All the power connectors are connected to the board/vga. I can see my voltage for +12v, +5v and +3v is above the normal one. (12.09V), (5.1Xv), (3.1xv). Tried clearing bios, set to optimised settings too. I've tried to increase the vdimm from 2.6v to 2.7v too, but it can't work.

is there any other solutions?

AMD Athlon64 3200+ (Winchester) | DFI LANParty UT Ultra-D | PDP Patriot 3200XBLK+ 512MB X 2 (TCCD) | Powercolor ATi Radeon X800XL 256MB | Creative Audigy 2 | IBM/WDs 540GB hdds(PATA) | Enermax 495W PSU(Dual12V) | BENQ 1920PRO 16X DVDWriter

I can only state what I've found in the bios, trying to figuer a way of modding it and how to pull the settings from it before I buy it :), anyways I've gotten all the settings from it, just sorting through them.

Anyways it says this inside the bios about the slots:

Please Install One RAM Module in DIMM 2 For Single Channel Operation and 2 Modules in DIMM 2&4 For Dual Channel Operation.

Warning The System is Running in Single Channel Mode When You Plug DIMM Module in DIMM1&2.

Please Install 2 RAM Modules into DIMM 2&4 For Dual Channel Operation.

So I assume this is what to do to some extent :D, heh.

I reccomend doing a mem test and such, it looks as if memtest is built in, as well as some cpu test.

I dn if they're on by default though so... ^^

Anyways dl some prog called memtest or whatever you want, and test that memory.

Then follow the stickies, and do some searches in the forum, stuff like that.

I'm sure someone here would be a better choice to help you out then me, since I don't even have the board lol, anyways try the diff slots like I told ya.

I can only state what I've found in the bios, trying to figuer a way of modding it and how to pull the settings from it before I buy it :), anyways I've gotten all the settings from it, just sorting through them.

Anyways it says this inside the bios about the slots:

Please Install One RAM Module in DIMM 2 For Single Channel Operation and 2 Modules in DIMM 2&4 For Dual Channel Operation.

Warning The System is Running in Single Channel Mode When You Plug DIMM Module in DIMM1&2.

Please Install 2 RAM Modules into DIMM 2&4 For Dual Channel Operation.

So I assume this is what to do to some extent :D, heh.

I reccomend doing a mem test and such, it looks as if memtest is built in, as well as some cpu test.

I dn if they're on by default though so... ^^

Anyways dl some prog called memtest or whatever you want, and test that memory.

Then follow the stickies, and do some searches in the forum, stuff like that.

I'm sure someone here would be a better choice to help you out then me, since I don't even have the board lol, anyways try the diff slots like I told ya.

I've tried all slots with single memory module but it still won't boot to windows. it just flicker twice after i press any kind of mode to enter(safe mode normal mode etc...)And the system just restart, i am going to use a stick of ch5 256mb and try and see what happens.

did you try reinstalling Windows? You usually cant boot into an old install with a different Motherboard...

Is it true that i usually can't boot in? I scared when i overwrite my windows halfway and the whole system hang or restart, my OS programs and stuffs is gone

i tried to boot in to my old install when I set this board up. I went from a 875 pro 2.6 pentium 4. It did the same thing you are describing. First time I ever tried to do that, just to see what happens, and it didnt work. Try to Re-install. if you need files, you'll have to re-setup your old board and transfer them over to a safe drive.

Swapping hard drives with Operating System installed to "different" motherboard. Not just a plain swap and boot up deal.

I usually keep my "needed" files on a drive separate from my O/s drive and it formatted Extended/Logical and then I can reload the operating system on the new motherboard and not lose my data. What the user in the linked thread is suggesting might work as I have not tried but in 'general' it is counter productive to just swap a drive and 'hope' it boots on a different motherboard, especially with a chipset change involved in the motherboard swap.

RGone...

Yeah, you should really make three or four partitions. One for Windows (7.5GB, you could probably make it even smaller), one for your Games/Applications, one for your Downloads though you could probably put them in with you Games/Apps and one for you Virtual Memory.

due the way winXP sets the swap files it is recommended by M$ that the booting partition be larger than 7gig. I used to use 7right on the number and then I swapped to 10gigs and all was fine. Gives the O/s room to be defragged easily and quickly as well.

RGone...