Calling any BIOS modders

Will do. It's a pretty early chip (week 30), so I'm not expecting 2.6-2.7GHz like some of the newer chips are getting. I'd be pretty happy if I could get 2.4-2.5GHz and keep the voltage low. I may push it just to see what it would max out at, but my overall goal is low noise, so I'll probably keep it around whatever the chip can do at 1.5v.

You won't see any official bios support from any board maker for mobile CPUs as AMD has made it very plain they do not want them to do so.

Beta or third party bios files make come available for them later, you never know.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I serverly neglected this thread. :(

Unfortunately my Oakville turned out to be a major turd. Looks like week/stepping > voltage when it comes to A64 mobiles. I was able to do 2.2GHz, but it took ~1.55v. I didn't bother even attempting to push it much further, because IMHO it wasn't even worth the extra voltage for another 100-200MHz. Currently I have it running at a very conservative 2.0GHz at 1.45v.

Some guy at AnandTech was able to get his 3000+ Oakville to 2.5GHz at default voltage. Wish I knew what week and stepping it was (a mid to late week 40 CBBHD, I bet). Surprisingly, this was on a MSI K8N Neo, and not a Lanparty. So at least we now have two motherboards that are confirmed working with Oakvilles. One could also assume that the MSI mATX 754 board would support Oakvilles, which would make it a perfect candidate for HTPCs when paired with 90nm. MemoryExpoUSA.com sells 2800+ Oakvilles for $120 with free DHL shipping. Overclockers stay away, though; I emailed them, and the sales rep reported that they have 18 in stock, but all are week 24 and 27 (i.e. probably horrible OC'ers, but good for someone who needs a cool and quiet running PC).

Am anxiously awaiting Turion, which will no doubt be another compatibility headache. But if we can get them working, it should be a beautiful thing. :)