Calling any BIOS modders

Yes you are underestimating this task, by a long shot. I am afraid it would take me alot of studying & learning to acomplish this myself. If I could even do it then. And to put the time & effort into this for one person to use a setup is not something I wish to do. Not that I dont wish to do it, if my skills where good enough to do it in some reasonable time I would have done emailed it to you modded & ready to go, it would have been my pleasure.

Maybe someone can accomplish this for you, but I think you are just stuck myself,IMHO......... Sorry.

The big problem would be even testing to see if one had it to work, & unless someone with good bios writing skills was doing it there would be alot of trial & error. Unless Oskar himself took this task in hand(and him being a busy compuny man) I would thing that the chance of this is slim, but who knows?

I will have to do some searching but I know a of a man & he has a site that you could ask this of him. I dont know if he could or would but I will try to find the site for you & post back with the link.

Although you could try putting back a desktop CPU & reseting the bios to setting that may work with your moble CPU, then dont clear the Cmos & maybe find somethink that willl work. If you get it to boot again & it hangs on post, can U get into bios when it does this. You may have to force the multiplier settings & bus speed for it to run. But try using aother CPU & set everything up for what the moble would need & then swap the CPU,s & dont clear Cmos, it might work. And try with just one stick of ram with stock settings.

Jess

Actually that would be an easy task, I've added microcodes to my old mobo long ago, I dn why I did ti though lol, did'nt need to.

Would'nt it boot anyways without the support for the cpu?

It should anyways.

I guess they don't allways but, anyways the list of microcodes is somewhere on amd's site, they allways list them.

There's guides, easy ones on google that work using cbrom and etc to doit.

There's also a prog called BIOSPatcher, the site is in german though, they do have an eng site but the last time I checked it was very outdated compared to the german site.

Anyways, if it's still around btw, the prog updates the microcodes for you, as well as some other things it can do.

I dn if they're still working on it, but if they are, I would expect the .09micron core support someday soon with program.

It's a simpel dos proggy anyways and it would do the trick if it has the support needed.

Well anyways even if it's still not around you can still doit the better way and use cbrom I would think.

(Modbin would'nt work on the 02/01/05 nf4 sli bios so I dn if cbrom would work either, and same goes for the nf3 boards, I never dl'ed a bios for those)

Thanks for the replies. :)

Yes you are underestimating this task, by a long shot. I am afraid it would take me alot of studying & learning to acomplish this myself. If I could even do it then. And to put the time & effort into this for one person to use a setup is not something I wish to do. Not that I dont wish to do it, if my skills where good enough to do it in some reasonable time I would have done emailed it to you modded & ready to go, it would have been my pleasure.

Maybe someone can accomplish this for you, but I think you are just stuck myself,IMHO......... Sorry.

The big problem would be even testing to see if one had it to work, & unless someone with good bios writing skills was doing it there would be alot of trial & error. Unless Oskar himself took this task in hand(and him being a busy compuny man) I would thing that the chance of this is slim, but who knows?

I will have to do some searching but I know a of a man & he has a site that you could ask this of him. I dont know if he could or would but I will try to find the site for you & post back with the link.

Although you could try putting back a desktop CPU & reseting the bios to setting that may work with your moble CPU, then dont clear the Cmos & maybe find somethink that willl work. If you get it to boot again & it hangs on post, can U get into bios when it does this. You may have to force the multiplier settings & bus speed for it to run. But try using aother CPU & set everything up for what the moble would need & then swap the CPU,s & dont clear Cmos, it might work. And try with just one stick of ram with stock settings.

Jess

I would be more than willing to help with the testing phase, even if it means purchasing a BIOS savior.

I have tried forcing all the settings. Went into BIOS with my 2800+ NC, set multi to 9x, HTT clock to 200MHz, Vcore to 1.35v. Didn't seen to do the trick, unless there's a setting that I missed. It completely locks up at the logo, I can't even get into the BIOS. I didn't try it with a single memory stick; I'll keep that in mind next time I'm tinkering with it.

If you could lead me to anybody that may be able to help, that'd be great. :D

Actually that would be an easy task, I've added microcodes to my old mobo long ago, I dn why I did ti though lol, did'nt need to.

Would'nt it boot anyways without the support for the cpu?

It should anyways.

I guess they don't allways but, anyways the list of microcodes is somewhere on amd's site, they allways list them.

There's guides, easy ones on google that work using cbrom and etc to doit.

There's also a prog called BIOSPatcher, the site is in german though, they do have an eng site but the last time I checked it was very outdated compared to the german site.

Anyways, if it's still around btw, the prog updates the microcodes for you, as well as some other things it can do.

I dn if they're still working on it, but if they are, I would expect the .09micron core support someday soon with program.

It's a simpel dos proggy anyways and it would do the trick if it has the support needed.

Well anyways even if it's still not around you can still doit the better way and use cbrom I would think.

(Modbin would'nt work on the 02/01/05 nf4 sli bios so I dn if cbrom would work either, and same goes for the nf3 boards, I never dl'ed a bios for those)

I had always assumed it would boot even without microcode support; kind of like it was with the DTRs and 62w mobiles, where they boot, but only after three tries. Then again, this chip is 90nm; maybe the microcode is so radically different that the board has no idea what to do.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look around on Google and see what I can find.

To all others, the challenge is still out there! :nod:

As far as the desktop goes, 754 is dead. But Semprons and mobiles are there to stay, at least until Socket M2/1207 brings DDR2 to K8.

Turions look promising, but they'll be worthless unless supporting BIOSes are made available. Trying to get this Oakville to work has made me come to this realization.

Anyways, bump. :)

Jess

Just wanted to say thanks.

I went ahead and tried the chip again with the 1/28 official. Still didn't work, but going off your suggestion, I tried with one stick in... and it actually booted up! Put the stick in slot two (was previously in slot one) and it seems to be working fine. I never would've imagined something so trivial could've caused this much headache. I wouldn't have even thought of this if you hadn't mentioned anything. :)